FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vendee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vendee
    Posted: 11 May 2006 at 16:49
Hey, just got word i'm being placed in St Jean Plage, Acapulco in the Vendee. Anyone heard of it or been on it?? Let me know...
Studley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Studley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 19:09
I've been to that area, and past that site, although not on to it. It's much like the many others there - fairly large and flat, and close to the beach, with a big pool . I bet you'll have a wicked time in season - certainly you will if you like the party life! The Vendee is the mattress of Europe.

Hire a Rosalie when you get there - they're so much fun!   

Best wishes

Studley
kj*kj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kj*kj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 19:59
I worked in st jean a few yrs ago and my mate worked on Acapulco,so spent some time there.It's a nice site,close to the beach and within walkin distance of the oxford (many nite spent dancin on tables) and pintpot(great kareoke), the local courier hangouts!
The site its self isnt overly big,the bar is smallish and you'll prob get invovled in the entertainment(quiz nitghts,bingo etc).Nice pool area,although someone nearly drowned when i was there,but im sure that was a one off!!

You'll have a wicked time !
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2006 at 20:41
hehe thanks guys. I was wanting to save some money this year as well!! grr.
kimberlina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 17:59
I know 2 boys goin to Acapulco, double dave and hank! Both really nice guys, worked with them last year. Say hi for me!
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 18:51
Really, a will yea. Take it i gotta get a ferry down there?
peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 21:09
a ferry to the vendee, good luck
your prob go to st malo and then either picked up or train it down there, will take a few hours.
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 22:40
grr i meant from Scotland. South is much easier just fly to nice like.
AllyM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllyM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2006 at 23:21
Yeh I think I might be flying to Nice although unfortunately got to go to Stansted....damn Scotland and its lack of flights!!
peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 11:14
well rennes or nantes have airports but its cheaper for the companies to pack you all on ferries at the end of the day, tight bastards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 18:08
Hey *AliciaK* what company u workin for? my 2 mates are seniors for camping life and canvas.
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 20:33
Im with Canvas, so one of the guys will b my supervisor?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 22:46
Yeah Plank/Hank! (AKA Matthew!) He's class!! A really nice guy! He's a big cheery welsh boy, got on great with him last yr. I told him yday that I spoke to someone on here that was goin to Acapulco and he got all excited! He's very relaxed and has this is his 6th season or something now so he knows what he's doin. You'll get on great with him! Everyone does! Tell him Kim says hi!!
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 11:43
ha ha ok. souunds good. Yeah al remember to do tht!
txt_eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txt_eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 15:04
Heres a copy/paste of what I said to someone before
Oxford is best place to be on June 25th.

Mels Bar does the 5 shot challege... beat the fastest and the slowest (*ahem*you'd have to try- thats my record!).
New Jacks is a great small place to go for the end of day drink.
Pint Pot is great and have random happy hours and cocos is *the*[only] night club near the campsites (but pricy for drinks!)

LE PROSPER CLUB in st jean is good (i'm sure its a gay bar tho...)
Mels bar (LE MELANIE) was also good for watching footie and the free taxi home!

DISCOTHEQUE ET PUB in SAINT-HILAIRE-DE-RIEZ is the best! Do Not Miss!!

and avoid using ambulences....

The rum bar in St jeans is heaven and the cocktails are worth it!
Look out for the free cinema on the beach & music in the square nights.

GoKarting is great fun!
PIZZERIA LE COLISEUM is a great cheap but nice place for a meal.
Grand Parc Peu De Feu must not be missed! Its a long way but worth it!

Jean-Luc runs the (basicaly) only taxi service- do not p*** him off! and if poss speak french!

Beachs are great!!

And say hi to Simon in the Tavern in St Gilles for me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimberlina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 16:37
Jean-Luc is a crazy drunken taxi driver! As Eva said, try yr best to speak french, he loves it!!
txt_eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txt_eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 17:02
Originally posted by kimberlina kimberlina wrote:

Jean-Luc is a crazy drunken taxi driver! As Eva said, try yr best to speak french, he loves it!!

And *do not* call any other company. he found out we did an sulked and over charged for a week!
*Aliciak* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Aliciak* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 21:17
ha ha. ooo al get my french phrasebook out the now!!
peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 08:23
jean luc bared me from his cab, and threatened me with the fire extinguisher, all i did was get in his boot with me drink as there was no room in his motor and about 50 couriers in line waiting to go home, he kinda has the monopoly on courier taxis in the vendee
txt_eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txt_eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:07
but he did once drive to genets to give someone back their mobile which they left in there... he'll always pull over to let you get money and hes rarely late... and if you're nice he wont over charge!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic