FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how much do we get paid?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how much do we get paid?!?!?!
    Posted: 16 May 2006 at 18:47
I know this is a really silly question, but how much roughly do you get paid working as a ski/chalet host? We ahve applied to loads of companies - mailnly in France- but none of them mention the rates of pay.

Peaky if you read this, would really welcome some sound advice!!!!
kpsmmr View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kpsmmr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 21:54
Hi Jools

I believe it is usually around 60 quid a week plus board and lodge and a ski pass.

Jo
off-ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote off-ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 13:28
well... depends what company you go with and the job you do.

the more expensive companys-generally pay more, i.e. tops vs mark warner = 35 vs 55 (or something along those lines) and if your gonna go with a company they sort out your ski pass, ski hire, lodging, food... if you go on your own you gotta sort alot more out. But also if your chalet hosting your gonna get alot more money than being a chalet minion.    
if you've nevr hosted a chalet before beware cos its amazing for some people but you may be on your own in a small chalet, ( which isn't always everyones cup of tea) but hey it depends what you really want out of it-if your hosting you dont get your head housekeeper or restaurant manager nagging you because you are head of house and restaurant!
good luck!
jools View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jools Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 22:47
Thanks loads both of you. much appreciated. certainly opened my eyes
peaky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2006 at 08:18
not a clue on wages, sorry buddy, but as i understand some companys pay for ski pases and gear hire and uniform, some companies dont, and they ask for a deposite up front, personally id choose the companies that sort out everything for you
baluga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baluga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 08:44
i think that workers should get paid qite a bit on making shoes football ect but why do older people get paid more ? a worker can make 4-6 stiched balls in a day. but they get paid rs 96 watz that can any 1 tell me ?
baluga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baluga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2006 at 08:45
Adidas explained that workers get paid per ball. Wage-records are checked. The piece rate and the amount of balls that can be stitched by one person are determined by the quality of the material. On average, one worker can stitch 5 balls of thin (lower quality) material or 3 balls of thick (higher quality) material per day. One of Adidas's representatives at the NCP meeting has personally confirmed through interviews that workers are able to achieve wages equal to or above the minimum wage within reasonable working hours. Also, the concern of ICN that the middleman takes 10% of the price paid for each kit is not relevant to the workers producing for Adidas, since there are no middlemen in the factories.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic