FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"On-hold contract"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
lucyfw16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyfw16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "On-hold contract"
    Posted: 15 March 2011 at 17:02
Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue and myself and a friend of mine..

We were both offered a job with Thomas Cook as high season reps then recently recieved an email stating that they weren't sure if they could definitely offer us employment anymore and to wait to hear from them. I then emailed back to ask wether or not to start looking elsewhere for a job as I finish college soon and need something lined up but I was told to just sit and wait for my contract..
This was about 4 weeks ago and have heard nothing since!!

xx
S.Thapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.Thapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2011 at 22:41
Hi lucy! They said i'm on hold as well :/ i applied for full season but the lady who rang me said that last training dates on june or july time i forgot which month.. !haaa so yea she said they would email/ ring when there is a space for me but i don't know!! thought full season started around may time humm oh well not bothered if i get high season though :)

x
lucyfw16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyfw16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2011 at 15:35
Hey :)
Oh right I seeeeee, yeah i'm just getting a little impatient as my assessment day was back in November so i've had my hopes up for ages and it's what i've wanted to do for a long time! Hope they can find a place :( but if they are still training reps up until June or July then thats still promising as it's only March. Thanks :) x
Attila2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attila2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 20:33
Hey guys, I'm in the same boat. I had my assessment day on 19 February and 2 weeks later I got an 'on hold' offer. I'm getting impatient aswell. :) although some of you I see has been waiting for longer.

I may ring them again this week just to make sure that they haven't 'forgotten' about me. :) Please do post a message on here if you any news,

Cheers,
AngeDfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeDfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 20:55
Hi, I'm in the same boat too. Getting a bit worried now after reading all these posts.
rachiii View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 22:18
I heard they are in financial dificulties and took on too many staff xx
lucyfw16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyfw16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 11:28

Hey everyone..

Slight update.. my friend from college who is also in the same boat rang them last week... They said they have to concentrate on the reps they are already sending out for training and wont be in contact with the high season reps until end of April or middle of May IF they have space, bit gutting really.
Good luck to you all x
AngeDfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeDfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 14:25
Originally posted by rachiii rachiii wrote:

I heard they are in financial dificulties and took on too many staff xx

I'm hoping that this is just a rumour!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attila2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 14:36
I think this is just a rumour. I haven't found anything on the net that's about Thomas Cook 'in trouble'. They've always had good cash flow.
AngeDfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeDfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 16:03
Originally posted by Attila2011 Attila2011 wrote:

I think this is just a rumour. I haven't found anything on the net that's about Thomas Cook 'in trouble'. They've always had good cash flow.

I've looked too and can't find a thing. Anyway, staying positive and hopeful. :)

tombrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tombrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 18:11
thomas cook's german owner was in trouble the other year, thomas cook is fine - just TUI reps posting this, rivalry already started lol
AngeDfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngeDfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2011 at 18:24
Thanks tomdrum.

Do you know anything about the on Hold situation and how it works? Are you a rep?

laurawilkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurawilkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 18:11
i'm on hold because there's not enough places on the training course. could be all summer you wait from my understanding.

but most companies if you get a job now only require 1 weeks notice if you are there less than 6 months. or a graet idea is using an agency to get temporary work....that way if you get offered a TC job you have no commitments :D
S.Thapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.Thapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 19:27
hi did everyone here apply for high season rep? x 

Edited by S.Thapa - 23 March 2011 at 19:27
laurawilkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurawilkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2011 at 19:39
nope- full season! x
S.Thapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.Thapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 18:48
hey everyone just got an email saying they are currently updating info on on-hold staffs i was wondering if anyone got the same?

Sajani

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Attila2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2011 at 20:29
hey, no, nothing at all, not an email. Please keep us posted what's happening. Cheers.
lucyfw16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyfw16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 13:37
Hey..
Nope heard nothing, although i'm meant to be a high season rep so I might not hear anything for a while.. :( x
xxkellyibzxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxkellyibzxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 15:59
Originally posted by lucyfw16 lucyfw16 wrote:

Hey..
Nope heard nothing, although i'm meant to be a high season rep so I might not hear anything for a while.. :( x
Hey!

i found out i got the job last week and was advised it wont be until the end of may that they get back in touch regarding training dates.  i was in the last assessment, but depending on when you got the job you might go out sooner?  apparently they had more people on hold last year, and everyone still got placed so dont worry about not being sent out Wink
S.Thapa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S.Thapa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2011 at 17:05
Originally posted by Attila2011 Attila2011 wrote:

hey, no, nothing at all, not an email. Please keep us posted what's happening. Cheers.

Hey yea ill defo keep updating if i hear from them again! just look out for email :) 

Sajani 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic