FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Decisions...decisions...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lisawood89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisawood89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Decisions...decisions...
    Posted: 04 May 2011 at 20:20
hey everyone Smile
I really need some help and information...I am really considering applying for a childcare job abroad but from looking on the net it seems as most of the well known companies have closed the applications for this summer. I am still unsure on what to do though...the thing stopping me is the thought of having to go through the assessment day (I know thats a really silly reason but i dont feel confident enough to do it) Unhappy I have been working in a nursery for 3 years now and have my level 3 diploma so i know i have the experience....I also worked in Corfu when i was 17 doing pr work so i must have had the confidence to do that as i went out there alone Shocked...i think i just need some advice, encouragement and a big kick up the bum Big smile....any help would be really appreciated...thanku xlisax
rglenn21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rglenn21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 20:54
Look into some companies that do Peak weeks or High season, it does  mean youll only go out for a coup,e wks to a couple of mnths but its a great start! In2action, Sunsail Powder Byrne and WWKC offer these postions!
If ur really keen...get into a company that does winter and summer, start winter 2011 and u might get offered to work with them summer 2012. Otherwise apply early like Oct Nov for the nxt summer. Dont worry about assessments, be relaxed and show them what you can do, uve got enough experience and uve been abroad before which helps!

Lisawood89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisawood89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 22:01
Thanku for your reply :-) It was really helpful!!! I think that if i do apply i will want to go for a full season because i would be giving up my fulltime job so would be better if it was for a longer period of time and not just a few weeks. I know i could live out there as done it before but i really am being silly about the assessments...lol! I want to find out as much info as possible...have u worked away before?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic