FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Warner Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
beckyboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark Warner Interview
    Posted: 27 May 2006 at 19:28
Hi, i've got an interview with Mark Warner next week, has anyone got any tips? Are they a good company to work for?
off-ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote off-ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 01:20
ther're the best company to work for :)
i went out the end of this season, had the best 6 weeks ever, the people are all awesome, i worked with 65 english seasonaires in the hotel i was in, it was a party every day in the kitchen.
get clued up on the comnpany like how long they've been going for and what kind of holidays they do where they go...not massively but know what they're about and be sociable. what job you going for ive got my interview on the 6 th for restaurant supervisor. gd luck :)
alecl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alecl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 20:53
Yeah good luck, worked for ski plan last season (not something I'll do again - http://www.seasonworkers.com/fe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11 34&PN=1)

In the interview, just to back up off-ski, be as sociable as you can. The last thing they're looking for is someone who's going to be grumpy to guests, and you have to give this impression at interview.

And it sounds obvious but they will ask:
-why you want to work for them
-what you think the qualities needed for the job are
You can find these wherever you found the advert for the job, not rocket science!!

Last point - it never hurts to wear a suit and look smart. It's not usual skiing wear, but they are just looking to see if you can appear smart (took a peek at the interviewer's notes when he went off for a coffee). Of the 40-odd in my interview group there were no more than 4-5 in jeans.
beckyboo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 12:16
Thanks off-ski and alecl.
off-ski, my interview is for chalet host for 2months over the summer in either les2alps or tignes.
have u worked at either?
Malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2006 at 13:58
Hi

I have an interview with Mark Warner next week for the position of Housekeeper. It is a group interview. Have you had yours yet? If you have what was it like? Can you please give me any tips?

off-ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote off-ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 20:24
hey malibu, yeah ive had my interview, their absolutely fine, their really nice people and most of them have all done seasons so their all pretty chilled out at heart. my experience of mark warner people is that they like positive sociable and friendly people, personality goes a long way, plus that makes it more fun for you which is the main thing. as housekeeper you have to be pretty focussed on the job, your in charge of a load of chalet staff so they'll ask you how you'd go about training up and building a chalet team, how you'd motivate a team, and what you'd do when people are slacking or having a bad day... as long as you show your always hard working and even in mid season that you'd be doing as a good a job with a smile on your face yuo'll be right for the job :) the whole point about having a group interview is to show how you act or work in a group which is a key part of your job.
sorry im rabbiting on. I hope it goes well, let me know where you'll be when you get it cos im working for mark warner in les deux alpes this season...restaurant shift leader :) can't wait. good luck!
off-ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote off-ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2006 at 20:26
p.s. sorry beckyboo-never replied to your post before, ive been to both resorts, i hope you enjoyed your summer in them, i had an amazing time in both-les deux alpes ha a special place in my heart tho :)
Malibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2006 at 09:15
Originally posted by off-ski off-ski wrote:

hey malibu, yeah ive had my interview, their absolutely fine, their really nice people and most of them have all done seasons so their all pretty chilled out at heart. my experience of mark warner people is that they like positive sociable and friendly people, personality goes a long way, plus that makes it more fun for you which is the main thing. as housekeeper you have to be pretty focussed on the job, your in charge of a load of chalet staff so they'll ask you how you'd go about training up and building a chalet team, how you'd motivate a team, and what you'd do when people are slacking or having a bad day... as long as you show your always hard working and even in mid season that you'd be doing as a good a job with a smile on your face yuo'll be right for the job :) the whole point about having a group interview is to show how you act or work in a group which is a key part of your job.
sorry im rabbiting on. I hope it goes well, let me know where you'll be when you get it cos im working for mark warner in les deux alpes this season...restaurant shift leader :) can't wait. good luck!
clairedias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairedias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 18:13
heyyy iv got an interview on monday for waitressing, any help? im scared!
hdblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hdblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2010 at 02:07
Originally posted by clairedias clairedias wrote:

heyyy iv got an interview on monday for waitressing, any help? im scared!

Hi verybody,

You can see same topic at the side bar of this site. You can find out some thing same your questions or use search box or this site.

We also find them more same at:Restaurant interview questions
Best rgs.

Edited by hdblue - 07 December 2010 at 03:37
zhang00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zhang00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2010 at 09:43
As housekeeper you have to be pretty focussed on the job, your in charge of a load of chalet staff so they'll ask you how you'd go about training up and building a chalet team, how you'd motivate a team, and what you'd do when people are slacking or having a bad day...
leanne01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leanne01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 10:59
Hey, Ive been selected for an interview with mark warner on the 27th of feb for kids rep/ nanny can anyone tell me what it is like and what sort of questions they ask.x
crazycris271 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycris271 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 12:09
Originally posted by leanne01 leanne01 wrote:

Hey, Ive been selected for an interview with mark warner on the 27th of feb for kids rep/ nanny can anyone tell me what it is like and what sort of questions they ask.x

That thread should be relevant to you Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic