FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

skiplan, anyone heard of them?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
campingsami View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campingsami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: skiplan, anyone heard of them?!?!?!
    Posted: 28 May 2006 at 14:13
hello all,

just got an email through saying im shortlisted for an interview with a company called skiplan, they organise school ski trips and hire on extra reps during school holidays (uni hols really pay off!). just wondering if anyone had heard of them/worked for them/done similar work before and has any tips etc on what they're looking for.

thanks
sami
alecl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alecl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 20:34
Did the peak rep job 05/06 season in Kitzbuehel

Good bits

- The skiing was fantastic. The weather was great and you can't really complain about a lift ticket for the Kitzbuehel ski area
- The accomodation was also top class. The hotel owners, husband and wife, were really nice. They couldnt speak much English but this wasn't a problem as I speak German.
- Ski School. They were really good, tagged along myself a couple of times (havn't been in a ski school for years and I'd say I was advanced bordering expert) and picked up a couple of pointers.
- Kids were no trouble at all.
- Bus drivers were gold, helped so much.

Negatives

SKIPLAN ARE THE WORST ORGANISED COMPANY YOU COULD WORK FOR.

- I had no uniform
- They contracted me for three weeks but they dropped me from the second two without even telling me. I would have turned up in Dover with no-where to go had I not rung them of my own accord to confirm my arrangements.
- The rental kit was bloody awful. I had my own kit but felt sorry for the poor kids. No boots the right sizes despite them having a list sent from the school.
- The area rep was useless:
me "There are no boots"
her "talk to the rental shop"
me "er yeah, I have"
her "well do it again".
hmm right, thanks.

- The suggested entertainment programme included curling and ice skating on a lake which rarely ever freezes, and skating at a rink impossible to reach by coach.
- The guy in charge of recruitment was an ass and I think he's now been disposed of.

BUT, one of my mates from uni was at saalbach with skiplan and loved it, mainly because her area rep was really helpful and she didn't have the kit troubles I did. Still bitter about the disgraceful way they dumped me without saying anything. Oh and the skiing was good. Can't imagine that's helped one way or the other - I will say it was good experience and what my dad would call 'Character Building'!
alecl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alecl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 12:06
Following my rant I've decided to work for them again. I emailed them regarding the problems and they say that due to a change of personnel the problems I experienced won't happen again this year.

After all, being paid to do this is never too shabby:

How did your interview go? Anyone else working for them this winter?
427rer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 427rer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 21:26
Hey, I've been offered a job by Skiplan working as a waiter/cleaner. Just wondering if anyone has done this job, and what they thought about it.

Thanks alot

Bec
marco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 15:20
hello
I will be working 4 skiplan as a hotel manager any comments from ex manager ??? about team , about kitchen brigade , and r they still badly organised.
BeccaMai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeccaMai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 13:32
Hello, I have an interview with SkiPlan as a peak season role. I was wondering what is involved in the interview.

I am a uni student, will there be a job available throughout the easter holidays or just the Christmas holidays? Any info much appreciated xx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic