FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

looking for work in The Alps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davellis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davellis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: looking for work in The Alps
    Posted: 08 November 2004 at 12:43
I hope I'm not too late to start organising this but I really want to
come and do a season somewhere in The Alps and work in a bar or
something and maybe get some design work for a shop/restaurant/
bar? If anyone knows of any vacancies or jobs I'd really appreciate it
- I'm searching on the net all the time but extra help would be
brilliant.

The other option is I just dump myself in France and hope for the
best - can anyone offer any advice?!

Cheers,

Dave
isla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 00:44
The best way to get a job in the alps is to go through the UK job websites - www.natives.co.uk, jobsinthealps.co.uk etc. If you have a british passport then that would open up a lot more doors - if you don't, then you'll have to apply for a visa and a work permit. Although a number of aussie/nzders do it illegally by going to the resort and asking around - hope that helps. I worked in Crans Montana, a ski resort in switzerland for over 9 months and it was fantastic!
administrator View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote administrator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2004 at 22:03
Or you could just click here to search for ski jobs

If you are from an EU country you can work legally in any other EU country (like France) without a Visa or work permit.

Good luck
josnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote josnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2005 at 12:25
Hi, I am a 22yr old Australian gal with a British (EU) passport currently looking for work in Austria or there abouts. I arrived here 2 days ago (Nov. 22 05) after completing a degree in Recreation and Tourism in Australia last week! I have been applying for jobs at a resort rep, ski guide or in bars and restaurants where I have a lot of experience through UK operators though I do not have a National Insurance number! Do I really have to go to the UK to get this? Seems to b the one thing holding me back from getting a job via the net.

Otherwise does anyone know of a good place to find work in the Arlberg area without an NI number? Does anyone know what the Krazy Kangaru in St. Anton is like?
Would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Jodie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic