FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

19th June Training

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sbaptie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbaptie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 19th June Training
    Posted: 09 June 2006 at 20:55
Just heard from Canvas and i have to make my way to Dover from Aberdeenshire!!! Then going to a training camp for 3 days.

Anyone else meeting at Dover Priory next monday?
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 22:21
I did get a letter through the post the other day as well. I was a bit miffed off though because this year's my 3rd season doing hoopi and wasnt quite sure why they were asking me to go on training! Gave them a call anyway and theyre flying me out now, none of that training milarchy!
sbaptie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbaptie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 22:59
Unfortunately im new, so its "training milarchy" for me.
SarahK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SarahK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 22:09
training can be a lot of fun though, so dont get me wrong, ure bound to enjoy yourself!!

Good luck with your first season doing Hoopi, its a hard but very rewarding job! You will definitely not want those kids to leave, once youve met and spent time with them its difficult to say goodbye. I suppose thats the only downside! Apart from that, you come home having had a fantastic summer and memories for life!
sbaptie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbaptie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 01:12
Yeh, i know, cant wait!!!! still not heard from anyone who has training then aswell though. nobody heard of this forum!!!
topmoggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topmoggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 13:12
Heya, I was hoping to find someone on this that was also new to the whole Hoopi thing! Im goin on the training aswell, although I am having to travel from Belfast on the Sunday and stay over! Im so excited but also a tad worried.
sbaptie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbaptie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 17:03
Yeh im flying down on the sunday and crashing in dover then meeting the group on monday. Im new also. Cant wait though, should be awesome. Where about are you going to ?
topmoggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topmoggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 17:17
Im headin to Carnac, which is a good days travelling from training i think, lol. What about yourself?
sbaptie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbaptie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 17:28
Im going to Grolejac in the Dordogne, so hopefully they will fly me there, where abouts you stayin in Dover?
topmoggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topmoggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 17:59
Aw the Dordogne is lovely I've been so many times on hol & its really nice. I'm stayin in a B&B opposite the station, I think it's called the Westbank. What about yourself?
sbaptie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbaptie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 18:11
Yeh, ive been there quite a few times also, thats why i wanted to go back there. Ive been to Carnac also as a matter of fact, its nice, good beaches!! Im stayin next to the station too, in a B&B called St Albyns, Im Scott by the way, thought i should introduce myself seeing as your the only person that i know of thats doing this training thing.
topmoggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topmoggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 18:32
Hey there Scott, I was hoping to be able to find someone on this that was going, lol. I was all set to just fly straight to my campsite but now there is a load more travelling to do, but sure it means we get to see a wee bit more of the country! Im Sam by the way.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic