New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
nathanhaha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?
    Posted: 03 June 2011 at 01:41
Hi,

I've recently been invited to a assessment day for the position of Hotel Host. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the process or any tips? I know assessment days have already started for next season so anyone who has already attended one this year would be very helpful!

Cheers :D!
Bussey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bussey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 18:19
Hey i attended the first assessment day, i also applied for hotel host and have been successful.

You just have to be yourself, confident, out going, friendly, positive and know your presentation/assignment well.. making them laugh always helps.
Make sure you also know about the company and your past work experiences, because there are numerous questions... but thats if you get through the first stage of the day.

Dress appropriately, guys in suits or black trousers and a shirt and ladies in black trousers and smart layers.

LASTLY MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS AND PHOTOCOPIES.

Let me know how you get on, i went on Tuesday and they rang me wednesday telling me that i got through and that ill recieve my contract this weekend. :)

x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 22:35
WAHHOOOOOO! im dead happy for you!

What were people choosing for the 'pick any item from a hotel and sell it to us in one minute'? im really confused on what to pick and how to sell it aha! any help on that would be absolutely brilliant!

maybe ill see you in the alps (;
Bussey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bussey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 09:57
Thank you :)

Literally, people chose anything. Beds, chairs, shampoo, lip balm... anything item that can be found/sold in hotels. You just have to sell it, by talking about it... why its better than any other, what it consists of, and general information about it. Remember keep it to 1 minute and try and make them laugh. Don't make it too factual and boring as it wont be interesting...

What items do you have in mind?
x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2011 at 22:10
thats the thing, i have nothing in mind as of yet aha! i wanted to sell a weekly event, not an actual item, but i dont really know! ill have to prepare something this week ):! what did you end up going for?

did they ask you questions about foreign languages aswell? :")
thanks for all this! x
rachel_321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachel_321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 15:39
Hi I went to the same assessment day and have been successful. It doesn't really matter what you sell, as long as you sound confident and don't say um, err, um too many times. They asked if you could speak any languages but only the resort reps had to do a language assessment (which they said didnt matter anyway). 

I think the main thing is to be yourself and be friendly and confident and don't appear too nervous. 
Bussey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bussey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2011 at 17:47
I ended up going for shampoo but made it a 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner so that it was better than other changes. 
To be honest, it does say "pick an item" if you wanna be risky give it a go, but maybe try to pick an item. :)

x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 09:32
i've decided im going for a bath robe! simple but effective! now 16 days to prepare everything :O!

thanks for your help! ill let you know if ill be joining you at some point :D!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 13:20
Hey,

I have also applied for a Hotel Host position, my interview is next Thursday. I too am struggling to think of something to sell! I was going to sell an excursion instead as I did email them and ask them to clarify and they said it can be anything you want! I'm so nervous already!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:10
im really annoying now but i need more help ahah!

what kind of questions do they ask about the actual company? do i have to know it from top to bottom?
if i get the job, ill buy you all a beer! :D

hiii smuzza! mines on't 22nd! i feel bad for you! lemme know how it goes :D
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:26
I think they mean they will ask you lots of questions in general if you get through to the interview stage in the afternoon. Like any other interview I expect?!? Why do you feel bad for?? Don't say that, I'm scared enough already!! I want this so badly!! Hahaha. At least my interview will be over and done with before yours! I will definitly come on here and let you know how I get on. Are you going to Kingston?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:28
i feel bad for yours is real soon and mines still 15 days away aha! have you done loads of research and that? or are you trying to just go with it? :")

i need to nail the one minute presentation! thats the most nerve rackring thing for me! and no, unfortunately not! im in manchester on the 22nd :U
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:35
I confirmed my date 3 weeks ago though so I have had plenty of time to get my head round it but still the same as you, stressing about the 1 minute thing!!! I haven't done any research at all really, I used to be a Travel Consultant for Thomas Cook so wised up on this sort of thing a little already. I have booked Monday off work so that I can prepare!! Think I'm gonna go for a bath robe too though. Was gonna sell an excursion but worried it might be a bit risky.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:39
oh my days, you've been a travel consultant! why are you nervous? aha you'll breeze through it im sure! i bet i concentrate too much on the presentation, and then flunk everything else! tooo nervous! 

and yeah! same here! i were going to sell a weekly cocktail masterclass to be held in the hotel, but again, i don't know whether I could use that aha! hopefully you'll be able to shed some light for me once you've passed easily through it :D!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:48
God, I hope I do, I always mess up in interviews though, whatever the job!!! I get too nervous and forget everything I want to say, not to mention we have to do the presentation thingy infront of everyone else! Scary as hell! My sister already works for TUI so I can get some inside info from her about the company which should help. Have you picked yourself up a brochure? That might help you? Cocktail masterclass thing sounds awesome though! In real life I mean, not sure if it's right for this, it's so difficult to know what to do for the best.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:51
you'll be fine! just take something to drink so the mouth doesnt dry up and it makes it hard to talk aha thats always my problem! ):! your sister works for TUI and you used to be a travel consultant! why is everything seem so peachy for you and not for me? aha! i ordered a brochure online, but it hasnt come, like 2 weeks later! ill have to order one now! im drawing spider diagrams and everything to cram knowledge in ):! 

i think im going to go something easy! that everyone has a use for and its relatively easy to get ):!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 14:57
It's not come? Yes I would order another, mine came pretty quickly. A spider diagram eh? I'm not that prepared, I'm sure they won't ask you that much about the company!! Just make sure that you have answers prepared for when they ask you to give examples of when you have worked as part of a team, when you have gone the extra mile (given great customer service)  and also an example of problem solving from your own presonal experience. Hope that helps a little! Just google interview questions and you'll find loads of crap! hahaha
hannahwheaty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hannahwheaty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 17:36
Hiya, I've applied for the Pepi Nanny, childcare role, and I have an assessment day on the 30th, I was just wondering if anyone had any idea about what will happen on the day, and how I make a children's mobile!!?? Smile xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 23:13
my girlfriend is doing a childcare thingy with the mobile! and she emailed crystal and they said you get marked higher if you actually make the mobile! its the two colour thing right? eee good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 13:57
smuzza! is your assessment next thursday or today? :")! im still struggling! up to date wuith general interview questions but it says on the they advise you to look over the brochure, the more you know the better! im getting nervous!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic