New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
baldy1491 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldy1491 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?
    Posted: 03 August 2012 at 13:56
Hi,
I have recently been offered a job interview for a resort rep on the 3rd of september... I have been to a crystal ski interview day before but for the chalet host job (I was unsuccessful) so I know the procedure but I was just hoping to find someone who had been for the resort rep job interview and what questions/question papers you get. If anyone can help me I would be very very very grateful.. please reply to this ad or message me privately....
many thanks 
Louis Baldwin :).
Bussey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bussey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2012 at 13:32
To everyone this applies to.

This winter I completed a ski season with Crystal as a hotel host in Alpe D' Huez.
I confirmed today that I am returning again to this resort as a host.
If anyone has also confirmed their country/location and has any questions or concerns, drop me a message on here as Ill be more than happy to help.

I am counting the weeks down until I fly out in November again.
Love_to_ski87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love_to_ski87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 23:35
Hello, from seeing you guys have completed your season as a hotel host, I just wondered if you could tell me what's it was like please? Did you have a great time? x
Love_to_ski87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Love_to_ski87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2012 at 23:35
Hello, from seeing you guys have completed your season as a hotel host, I just wondered if you could tell me what's its like please? Did you have a great time? x
Becky93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2011 at 13:28
Hey Everyone! I've got an assessment day with Crystal on thursday for a chalet host position and I'm pretty nervous, I really want to get it! On the website it says all chef positions need to bring along a menu plan but I was just wondering if that includes chalet hosts as well? Also as you've all probably had yours by now, did they ask you anything about how to cook certain dishes?
Thanks in advance for your help :) x
kncurrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kncurrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 11:44
Ive got an interview on the 13th September down in Surrey! Its for a standby Hotel Host as i dont have the experience in cooking to apply for a chalet host! i cant seem to find any information on what the interview is going to be like at all?! can anyone copy and paste the details of it here so i can prepare a bit better??! 
So nervous.
CowboyCraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CowboyCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 22:26
Hey guys ignore my last post, literally 20 minutes after posting it i had a[hone call from the royal navy telling me i had a date to start training this year, im so gutted i cant do another season but it means fulfilling another dream. For everyone else good luck on your coming season and more to come!
CC x
elizabeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elizabeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 20:04
Hey all :) ive just recieved my interview date for Chalet Host !! its 29th september.
I'm mega pega excited for this....is the place easy enough to get to,only im travelling from the midlands the day before and stopping overnight...not got a clue where to stop either :/ ???
CowboyCraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CowboyCraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2011 at 11:51
Hey guys, just applied for the hotel host job with crystal but due to so many people applying I was told I'd be put on standby or could apply for the chalet host job. So I've applied for the chalet host job and need to book a assessment day, anything should know before book it? if this message looks a little bad its cause using my phone to send it :) muchlove seasonaires!!! xx
Egg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 21:03
I would think the best option would be selling a product to a client as that is potentially what you would be doing. Yeah the test are basically making sure you can add up, can think on your feet and have good customer service skills; but they will aimed towards whatever role you are applying for. The previous examples being geared more towards a rep. I guess hotel roles would be very similar.
jackisted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackisted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 10:03
Tests and assessments? Jesus, I'm not looking forward to this. I panicked when I saw we had to bring a calculator and now my worst fears are confirmed. Thanks Egg, I take it they're sort of competency with numbers sort of tests and common sense health and safety ones? And thanks for the help with the presentation, I was thinking of trying to sell a heated towel rail to the hotel rather than customers, what do you think?
beckyarm19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyarm19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 22:05

Hey, ive got the same interview for hotel host in manchester 14th september!! Anybody else got any advise or are going to the one in manchester?? xx

Egg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 21:29
You can sell anything the hotel presumably sells; shampoo for example? On the basis that a customer had forgotten to pack shampoo it is for sale at reception for your convenience (or wherever), the shampoo offers blah blah blah blah... and is only £2.50 etc etc...

I don't know much about shampoo but that is a potential example.

The rest of the morning is made up of tests and assessments. 

All the best with the interview.
jackisted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackisted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2011 at 16:43
I nkow this is an old forum board, but I've just booked my assessment day for next wednesday and cannot find any information on what the morning half is going to be like, I've prepared for the afternoon (somewhat presumptuous.y but I'm fairly confident/hopefull). Can anybody tell me what is involved in the morning apart from the 1 minute presentation on selling an item in a hotel. I genuinely have no idea what to seel or how to seel it. I thought about maybe a heated towel rail but can't figure out how to make it funny or interesting! Please help, I'm bricking it, it's so close!
oxys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2011 at 02:54
I am coming from Bristol! What about You? Tongue
katieking92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katieking92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 19:28
Hey, I've got an interveiw on the 30th in luton! Is anyone going there??? I'm going for a rep position eek!! does anyone know what sort of group tasks you'll have to do? Or if i need to know how to budget?? What should I wear?
VickyBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VickyBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2011 at 01:27
Where abouts are your from oxys? You gotta travel far?
I'm guessing it's quite mixed then on assessment day 

Vic x
oxys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oxys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2011 at 22:53
hey i am going for hotel host on 29th june too at jet set house too!! Good luck everyone hope to see u all soon sarah Tonguexy xx

Edited by oxys - 20 June 2011 at 22:55
nathanhaha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2011 at 22:45
oi SMUZZA!

only 3 days! how you feeling? add me on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/magicjackson i wanna know how it goes! 

GOOD LUCK! :D!
nathanhaha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2011 at 10:39
alright vicky (: congrats on getting an interview so quickly, now comes the wait aha! i've got mine on the 22nd eeeeek!

this is chalet host position! GOOD LUCK!

Chalet Host

Please deliver a one minute presentation in a welcome meeting format on one of the catered chalets that appear in any of our ski brochures i.e. where it is and what chalet services you provide., We are looking for enthusiasm and a realistic welcome meeting presentation that would make guests comfortable and informed about the chalet.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic