New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Ski Season 2011/2012 Assessment day help?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:03
Hahaha, it's next Thursday, one week today! aarrggghh, scared! Look at there website if you can, there is also a section on here that gives a general over view of Crystal.

http://www.seasonworkers.com/profile/crystal-ski-1149.aspx

nathanhaha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:05
oh god! youll be fine im sure! i get the general jist of crystal, but i dont know if we're meant to know like how many hotels they have, and other things they offer  :")! hopefully youll breeze through and then shed a glowing light on it all for me :D!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:11
I'm sure they won't be asking if you know how many hotels they have!! You just have to show that you have taken an interest it what it is they do, what clientel they cater for, what types of accomodation they offer, etc. Don't panic!!!They will be more interested in you as a person rather than how much you know about them!

Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:21
Nathan there is another discussion on here called -Crystal Interview/Assessment Day.Its from 2009 (couple below this one) but someone has described what happens on the day. I of course will let you know all the details when I get back!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:24
ahhh mate, top one! im gonna read that now! and cheers mate, always good to have inside information ahah! have you picked a favourite hotel you'd wanna go to yet? im thinking alpe d'huez  or austria! dont' fancy Italy again! :U
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:33
What for incase they ask that in the interview or just in general??!!! lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:34
both really aha! i know theres 4 crystal hotels and then them 'finest' ones! alpe d'huez looks decent though :D!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:35
I haven't been to Italy before, to be honest I have only been skiing twice, when I was a teenager and it was in Verbier, Switzerland. That is my downside for this job, lack of ski knowledge/experience!!! Hahahaha
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:36
Oh what the hotels that are owned and run by Crystal staff only? I have had a little look. Will maybe have another look! I doubt the newbies will be put in the 'Finest' Hotels!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:38
hahaha good job you didnt apply for rep then isnt it aha! them guys have to take people take black tracks :U! guess youll learn quite easily whilst your out there! theres 4 hotels 1 in austria, 2 in italy and then 1 in france! Austria sounds pretty exciting aswell to be honest! at the same time, i don't care where i go aslong i get the job :") aha
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:42
That's exactly how I feel. Prefer the look of france, looks like it has better Apres Ski! I'm hoping that skiing is just like riding a bike, if I get the job I will prob go to a dry slope before I leave to 'brush up' haha. Def wouldn't want to be a rep. Not yet anyway!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:45
yeah, france looks top! ive just read theres 'bar specific' hotel host positions! WAHOOOOOOO! that should be alright! do you ski? you should board, much more exciting (; aha! no doubt ill be living in 'chill factor e' if i get this job! real snow slopes :D:D!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:48
Yes I think there are some limited bar positions available but they will prob be assigned in resort. Yes ski, haven't tried boarding, seen far to many people falling on their arses trying! I don't have a dry or real snow slope near me, closest is Milton Keynes and that's still miles away : (

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:52
i sure hope i can get one of them positions them! being a bar manager, i should be able to ahah! I think ski-ings harder, i can never seem to keep my legs together, at least there stuck to my board :")! ahhh thats bad! if we get the jobs we go out beginning november for the training before we start so hopefully we can get more time on the slopes then! :D
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:56
Oooh yes that would be good. Look at us talking like we have already bagged the jobs!! lol. This time next week I will know more! I am currently working in an office on Reception, it so far removed from what I should/want to be doing! I would love a bar job too, everyone prob wants that! Have experience in that area but not management like you!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 14:58
hahah i thought that! if none of us get this job now ill be gutted! at least we can chat about what could of been ey ahah! how come your stuck there if you dont want to do it? lets hope these jobs are the kickstart to a blossoming careeer in the snow :D! would you keep returning to do more seasons, like summer etc? :D
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 15:03
I have always wanted to work abroad but things have just kept me here. I worked as travel agent until I was about 20 then left the travel industry but been desperate to get back into it. (not agent work though!) I am now in a position to leave the country as I have no ties here. Was originally looking at cruise ships but that's bloody hard just trying to get an interview! I will be looking to keep doin this, season to season if I get the job! Never come back ideally! Whats your plan??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 15:08
Ahhh i get you! how come you stopped being a travel agent? seems like a nice catapult into this kind of thing! Yeah i've seen them cruise ship advert things aswell! Was interested but it ended up being a massive con aha! So i think ima stick to dry land :D! We've got the exact same plan it seems! I worked at the Ibiza Rocks hotel last year and absolutely loved it, now i want to get into a company that does summer/winter and then back to summer! Hopefully this will be the start! either that or move to Aus and chill out everyday aha!
Smuzza View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smuzza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 15:13
Yes definitely. I just didn't enjoy Travel Agency work that much, you're still sitting at a desk all day and I hate that (yes that's what I'm doing now!) I did complete an NVQ in Travel and Tourism though so it was worth and I enjoyed that bit, will sneak that bit of info in in my interview I reckon! If I get that far in the day! I would love to just move away, and this seems like the ideal solution!! When I was 18 I went and worked at an 18-30 camp site in Newquay and had the best summer ever, work hard, play harder, that sort of thing!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanhaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2011 at 15:21
oh id hate to be stuck at a desk all day! i get quite bored easily, so i think a desk job will do my head in a bit too much :")! ooooft, thats a cheeky line to put in isn't! dayum, when i have something like that ):! aye, many many reasons why i dont want to be in this country so this is an exciting prospect! which is probably why i get so nervous about it aha! And if we do get the jobs, i guess it'l be the best winter ever aha! and if we get same resort, lets make sure its work hard, play hard!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic