FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neilson or Crystal???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Snowboard_junkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowboard_junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neilson or Crystal???
    Posted: 28 July 2011 at 15:55
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie just joined today!!

I am doing the 2011/2012 season as a resort rep in Italy, however I don't know which company to work for.
Both Neilson and Crystal have offered me positions and I can't decide which to choose?

Both companies offer pretty much the same and I like both companies when I had my interviews and presentation days, I guess it will have to come down to who treats the staff better.

Please help, any comments, suggestion and advise welcome!
RachelM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 19:44
What was your interveiw like with crystal, I have mine in a week and don't really know what to expect :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowboard_junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2011 at 22:50
It's a long day! Go smart and be prepared, make sure presentation is exciting and different you need to stand out! It starts with everyone doing their presentations in a random order, then a group task followed by written and numeric tests. They cut the group before lunch around 12:30. Of your lucky enough to go through to the second stage, there are another few tests and then individual interviews. Good luck!
jahbla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jahbla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 09:34
Hi, ive worked two seasons for neilson and one for crystal. Neilson are a much smaller company and generally treat their staff a lot better, although they are becoming more and more corporate as the years go by. My advice to you is to work for Neilson, I can almost gaurantee they will treat you better than crystal. Crystal have a reputation for sh*tting on the person on the rung below them. For example when I worked for them in a hotel in Cervinia the kitchen was over budget so the area managers answer was to reduce the food for the staff! Confused  Also as a rep you will have to sell lift passes, its pretty standard to have a quota to fill in order to get your bonus. I was told a story a couple of years ago that crystal reps have to sell 120%  in order to make their quota. I.e walking round resort punting off lift passes! (that story was third hand info so dont quote me on that, but having worked for crystal in the past i can well belive it!)

hope this helps ur choice

RachelM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RachelM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 09:47

Thanks for the info!, i need to get rid of these nerves though before next Tuesday! No idea how im going to fit in some amazing presentation into 1 min. Fingers crossed it goes well Smile 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowboard_junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 10:30
Hi Jahbla

Thanks so much for that! I was edging towards Neilson anyway as the pay, commission rate and people just seem that bit better and nicer!

I'm pretty sure they will be the better company to work for and have decided to go for them!
Although crystal is a bigger company I believe it's quality not quantity!!

Thanks again!
Cani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2011 at 12:19
Hey hey Newbie......im New bi-er. Ive just joined so that makes you an expert here amigo/a.
Im a few hundred metres behind you mucker and am chasing down winter ski/chalet/whatever in Italy.
Any useful links, hints, phone numbers and most importantly names, from you or fellow browsers would be like manna from heaven.
Hope every one is having a cool time right now,

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowboard_junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 09:48
Hey Cani best net is to look on natives web site! That's what I dis! Loads of companies advertise jobs on there. Just apply for every job you would be happy doing and hopefully u will get offers an interview. Otherwise apply to ski companies directly ie cv and cover letter! Defiantly better chance if they have jobs on natives or own websites!
Good luck!
Cani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 19:06
Hey _junkie thanks for your info; im working my botty off in Gib paying the rent right now; love to hook up some winter arbiten too though and il spend some proper time chasing up the info u have given.
Good luck too, 'n all 
Ciao
Cani
Just for respect dude, im often 2 or 3 days between e-contacts and appreciate this schtuff!!

Cani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 19:14
Yo _junkie, ive had a quick flick on 'ski natives' as you suggested and ive got all the email contacts I need for a week! 
Sterling work dude
CaniStar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snowboard_junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2011 at 20:36
Hey Cani glad to be of assistance! Good luck with finding a job in Italy and who knows I might c u out there! I'm hoping for Livigno or Sauze!! Keep in touch with any job offers! Mandy
Cani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 00:24
For sure Mandy, I learned to ski and blade in Sauze its fan.....tastic.
And hey, its all good this network schtuff, you know.... Good folk of the world busy exploring it; and habing a blast too. Giving a lift here, taking a lift there. Information focus is everything, I think viz 'ski natives'. The debutante gets lost and demoralised sometimes in all the mess and circles on linewhen you know nought
Whatever, wherever dude, il keep you posted.
And Mandy, if u or any other dudes  u know r looking for work on Gib in on line gaming; im good for a comprehensive heads up and over veiw with pleasure. Im still chasing too myself but know the way to start best.
Ciao for now
Egg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 13:43
Snowboard Junkie! I'm hoping for Sauze too! You never know we might be working in the same resort!!!
Cani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 16:26
Yo Egg; hope u are all good too dude. Id better get myself busy if I am indeed to be, off the mountains this winter.............grind CV, email and phone day de la manana........I hate it when that happens!!
Ciao

grizzlysam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grizzlysam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2011 at 15:47
Neilson
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic