FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Total, Inghams and Esprit Interview

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2011 at 22:48
bump!

I also have an interview for Inghams, espirit, Ski Total next week in London.

I don't know what to do for the task, i mean how can i represent being a kitchen porter and make it interesting and creative, 
any ideas would be great as I am getting nervous now and the interview is in 4 days, minus 1 day because i have to travel from the south of france to london specifically for the interview.
laura2011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 10:48
Don't worry, a lot of the people in my interview didn't do anything related to there job role. Just do something you enjoy doing, the task is just a way for them to see what your personality is like :) 
ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 12:23
okay, thanks for the advice.

just out of curiosity, how many people from your group got offered jobs?
pdlodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdlodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 14:20
I had my interview in Manchester on the 21st for a KP/NP got offered a job as Head KP/NP in Belle Plagne...happy with that.

I thought I aced the interview anyway but then again so did a lot of people...I reckon between 80-100% of people will have been hired.  They have 1400 positions to fill this winter.

I'm assuming the interview format is common across all locations, so I'll explain how it goes

There will be about 15-20 of you in the group.  First they'll go round the table and everyone will introduce themselves for 1 minute.  (name, work history, suitability for role and why you want to workaseason).  Just speak confidently and loud enough and you'll do fine

Then they split you into groups depending on your role (hotel services/ski/childcare) and you present your task to 5-6 other people and one interviewer (there were 3 interviewers).  If they ask who wants to go first, volunteer.  I just talked about my previous job as a submariner and how it related to my application and threw in a couple of anecdotes.  Another guy brought a game he had constructed, another guy drew the perfect chalet host on a clipboard, another girl talked about her work experience and one guy gave a demo of cleaning a plate.  So basically, you can do anything.  Just try to make it original and interesting.  I think mostly they are assessing your confidence and social skills to be honest.

Then you will do a 15minute exam on your role.  The questions are all common sense - it's easy.  "What would you do if a child was sick in the lobby"  for example.  I answered (give first aid to the child, quarantine the area, clean it up ASAP, air freshener)

Then they will do a powerpoint on the job offer and their company.  They will ask you questions about their resorts and business so swot up if you want to impress.  Basically: Esprit is for families, Total for adults and Inghams for retirees.  And of course this is your opportunity to ask questions.

Then they wrap it up and say they'll be in touch.  Seems like it takes them 1-2 days to get back to you which is quite good IMO

so I would say...

-be smart, clean, presentable
-be confident
-prepare your task well and research the company
-be sociable and smile

And you'll get the job :)
ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 15:24
Originally posted by pdlodge pdlodge wrote:

I had my interview in Manchester on the 21st for a KP/NP got offered a job as Head KP/NP in Belle Plagne...happy with that.

I thought I aced the interview anyway but then again so did a lot of people...I reckon between 80-100% of people will have been hired.  They have 1400 positions to fill this winter.

I'm assuming the interview format is common across all locations, so I'll explain how it goes

There will be about 15-20 of you in the group.  First they'll go round the table and everyone will introduce themselves for 1 minute.  (name, work history, suitability for role and why you want to workaseason).  Just speak confidently and loud enough and you'll do fine

Then they split you into groups depending on your role (hotel services/ski/childcare) and you present your task to 5-6 other people and one interviewer (there were 3 interviewers).  If they ask who wants to go first, volunteer.  I just talked about my previous job as a submariner and how it related to my application and threw in a couple of anecdotes.  Another guy brought a game he had constructed, another guy drew the perfect chalet host on a clipboard, another girl talked about her work experience and one guy gave a demo of cleaning a plate.  So basically, you can do anything.  Just try to make it original and interesting.  I think mostly they are assessing your confidence and social skills to be honest.

Then you will do a 15minute exam on your role.  The questions are all common sense - it's easy.  "What would you do if a child was sick in the lobby"  for example.  I answered (give first aid to the child, quarantine the area, clean it up ASAP, air freshener)

Then they will do a powerpoint on the job offer and their company.  They will ask you questions about their resorts and business so swot up if you want to impress.  Basically: Esprit is for families, Total for adults and Inghams for retirees.  And of course this is your opportunity to ask questions.

Then they wrap it up and say they'll be in touch.  Seems like it takes them 1-2 days to get back to you which is quite good IMO

so I would say...

-be smart, clean, presentable
-be confident
-prepare your task well and research the company
-be sociable and smile

And you'll get the job :)

This is exactly what I'm looking for! Thankyou!
You have really given me a good insight and its taken of the pressure because i now know what to expect. I've sat down today and tried quite hard on writing a speech for my task.

Do they ask you which resort you would like to go to, or do they tell you? (just thinking ahead!)
pdlodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdlodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 15:54
no probs :)

your task doesnt have to be a speech remember but I think it's good to show them you can talk in front of a crowd.  One guy just brought in a game he had made and we played that.  Everyone was impressed with the effort he went into in making the game

they ask you your preferences during the interview but I you won't necessarily get that.  I asked for Austria or Switz and got Belle Plagne in France.

ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 16:02

your task doesnt have to be a speech remember but I think it's good to show them you can talk in front of a crowd.  One guy just brought in a game he had made and we played that.  Everyone was impressed with the effort he went into in making the game

they ask you your preferences during the interview but I you won't necessarily get that.  I asked for Austria or Switz and got Belle Plagne in France.

ot oh. I'm thinking for the task I'm going to say a bit about my history, my current job and how i am suitable for the job. I am going to pass around pictures and then spend about a minute or so cutting an onion in the 'ideal' way. 2-3 mins talking 1-2 mins demonstrating, what do you think?? honest opinions please! :)

I'd like to go to Meribel, do you think they will be fully hired for there?
samo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 16:38
wow!. Thats exactly what iv been looking for, i feel alot better now i know what to expect.
I got my interview this wednesday, im bricking it. haha
ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 16:40
hes a good lad isn't he! (im guessing)
samo13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samo13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 16:42

Hell yeah. Iv only had a week to get sorted aswell i only got an email the other day!

ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2011 at 17:00
yeah me also. I've also had to spend 140quid on flight so i'll be gutted if i don't get accepted.
pdlodge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdlodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 12:32
Originally posted by ruddy ruddy wrote:

ot oh. I'm thinking for the task I'm going to say a bit about my history, my current job and how i am suitable for the job. I am going to pass around pictures and then spend about a minute or so cutting an onion in the 'ideal' way. 2-3 mins talking 1-2 mins demonstrating, what do you think?? honest opinions please! :)

I'd like to go to Meribel, do you think they will be fully hired for there?
that sounds fine mate, just keep talking whilst you are cutting the onion so people don't get bored. I would probably start off cutting the onion right away and do the rest of your talk throughout.  shows you can multi-task ;)  If you're going for a chef job expect lots of questions on your experience...at least that's what happened with the girl going for a chef job in my group

you can ask for Meribel but I have no idea if they have places there.  As I understood it they have a huge spreadsheet with all the positions and they just fill it up as required.  Who knows, they might not even take your preference into account.  I reckon the needs of the company will come first by a long shot
ruddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ruddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2011 at 14:07
yeah, I'm going to introduce and talk a bit about myself, then im going to talk about where i work currently and how it relates to my new job, then do the cutting of the onion task, still dont know what else to do, whilst doing a commentary. then finish with a conclusion, blah blah.

Ok, i'm just hoping i don't get a crappy boring resort!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic