FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Cook/escapades interviews for summer 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rachiii View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachiii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomas Cook/escapades interviews for summer 2011
    Posted: 15 November 2011 at 18:20
Hi guys just wondering if anyone has any advice or if anyone is going for the interviews this year and next my interview is at 2:30pm on the 22nd of january for escapades rep. 

I have just come back from working for TUI in marmaris i left cos of lack of opertunaty within youth repping.

any advice and any new friends going for the interviews would be very usefull :)
Joesmith89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joesmith89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2011 at 23:30
Hello im on the same day! I havent got a clue what to do for this presentation am so nervous haha!
BlondieGem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2011 at 03:54
hiya! ive got mine in january too, already started working on the presentation as its hard to keep under 3 mins! just make sure to get in name, resort, prices (could make up a deal for the 2 excursions) and things 2do on the excursions?! :) refer to things too, for example selling the booze cruise "this isnt your average boat trip on the thames, youll be feeling like your on a billion dollar music video on mtv" if ya get me?? alsooo offer paying by visa also, 1830 interviews always want you to offers visa payments as customers are more willing to pay by card and not use their cash in hand money :)

add me on fb gemma hakner - im not blonde, im a brunette with a knicks jersey on my dp :)!
emmacourtney9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmacourtney9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 02:36
hi im going in january 22nd aswell :) but im struggling with the presentation as well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joesmith89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2011 at 09:25
Hi emma if you want to add me on facebook just search my email address jjsmith4@hotmail.com
barbietroll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbietroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 18:29
im also on the 22nd of january if any of you guys on the same day want to add me on facebook send me a mail on here and we can chat about the interview! mega excited xx
NathanOlney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NathanOlney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 22:35
Here is all the information I know from my assesment day. (I got the job)

Well they called us all into one room then split us up into groups we did our presentations first then after them we all got called into a room again they called out a few names and those people were being sent home then we did a role play with the assessers as if something went wrong and we had to resolve the problem then they called us all back in the room and they got rid of more people then we did a group activity then more people got sent home then we had our one on one interviews got a phone call few hours laters saying I have been successful with it : ) think that's all you need to know haha x
sweetcheeks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetcheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 22:43
Yeah I agree with Nathan....I got the job too :) and we were in the same group for all the activites. Just be yourself...be confident....when giving answers for your 1-2-1 interview back it up with examples....smile....talk to everyone.....for your role play first apologise for whatever the problem is (every1 gets different senarios) sort the problem out i.e- give them a refund or a room exchange and then offer thems something extra like an excursion, free drinks on their stay etc.
Good luck everyone!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joesmith89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2011 at 23:41
Thanks for that info :) what did the two of you do for your presentation and did you jusy do it from the top of your head or did ya take any props? Thanks joe

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetcheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 00:26
I did mine on a place in Spain. Just describe the features of the place and the benefits of the features. Yeah I took some probs...well some pictures of the place I was talking about n I took 1 of them necklaces with the flowers round and some massive sunglasses. Loads of people took different things...some handed out leaflets...some made massive boards just depends what compliments what you are saying. Id say try your best to learn it though cos the best ones (like mine and nathans haha!!) were done without looking at notes and looking more towards the audience and it just make you more confidnent knowing it and comes across better x x
BlondieGem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlondieGem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 00:29
what did a lot of the girls wear?? and did any wear heels? when i went to my 1830 interview last year a lass wore skyscraper heels and a tight mini dress and got the job, dont think ill go that extreme but didnt wanna look like im tryin too hard?? :S x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetcheeks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 00:38
ermmmm there were a few girls with heels on and skirts. I just worse trousers and flats as did most of the girls in my group I think....I think its just important to wear whatever you feel most comfortable in. One girl though did show up in her trackie jacket, she didnt get past the first round bless her x x x
NathanOlney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NathanOlney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 01:01
Haha I remember her she was in the opposite group in the same room as us lol
emmacourtney9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmacourtney9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2011 at 22:25
add me on facebook if your on 22nd of january :) emma goodsir
yazb52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yazb52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 11:37
Hi erm av got my interview on 5th feb am exsiteeeeeed but worried that am going mess up on theese maths questions what they like????? and du reckun you need major probs cuz a wont really sure what bring and dose it have be in 3min what happens if go over???? Smile
irishgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2012 at 19:40
any help for appling from ireland or any tips????????????
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic