FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Cook Glasgow 3rd March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
Author
xDanielleM. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xDanielleM. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 11:30
Yeah fingers crossed Sean! I'm sure we will be fine :) Think positive!!! xx
Arbuckle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbuckle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 12:26
Add me o. Fb scotish people ! Chris arbuckle. Stripy blue top !
Shannenx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shannenx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 14:24
BUZZINNGGGG!!!! I WAS SUCCESFUL AND NOW ON HOLD!! Yahhhhhhhhsssss! <3 xxxxxxx
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:07
Hey guys! Im on hold too! Just tried phoning up to double check but I dont think the woman on the other end had any clue what I was talking about. Bless her, I do talk quite fast lol. I was told to forward the email on to overseas.job@thomascook.com so they can double check, just because it was from the head of kidsworld and I hadnt had a phonecall or anything. So confusing, dont know if I can get excited or not! lol x
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:09
Hey guys.

I called 01733 412839 and spoke to someone from the overseas team!!

X
Kayleigh-annie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayleigh-annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:09
Hey Hannah! :) fantastic that you've phoned I didn't know what too do hah. I was confused it came from Kidsworld. Once you've emailed can you let us all know the outcome? That way we aren't bombarding them with emails ha x
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:10
Cheers Sean, I'll give that one a bash! lol x
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayleigh-annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:10
Sean, what did the oversea's team say? x
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:13
He confirmed that I had been successful on the day and said well done etc but your on hold while we work out the training and headcount for the season in each resort as people drop out etc. But he said that they will be in touch anytime within the next 8 weeks to hopefully confirm contract details.

If your unsure, give that number above a ring to clarify.

Xx
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:14
Let me know how u get on when u call! Xxx
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:14
My god that was sooo much easier! haha! Yes i am currently on hold congratulations to me and the same old need to wait and see how the situation changes overseas in regards to numbers of staff etc etc. So now for another loooong wait no doubt! haha Smile
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:17
Yeah same as what I was told.

The guy I spoke to was shocked that I hadn't had a phone call yet!!

Hopefully loads of folk drop out lol x

Edited by seanp2012 - 09 March 2012 at 15:17
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayleigh-annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:20

Just off the phone. I spoke to a lady who basically congratulated me on being succesful and said there hoping to get back too us within the next month. And we thought waiting 7 - 10 days was bad haha?

Strange we didnt get a phone call though eh?
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:21
Same he was like "really? eh hold on a wee sec i'll check" lol
Ive just recieved another email there from them basically saying the same so here's hoping it wont be a long wait Smile
CONGRATULATIONS GUYSSSSS!! lol
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayleigh-annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:22
I dont know if im aloud too start telling people and recieving congratulations because its not all in place if you know what i mean? haha
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:24
Fingers crossed it happens soon!! Aw I've not received any other emails yet lol.

We will probably still get a call.

X
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kayleigh-annie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:26
I just got that email as well haha.

Does anybody know anyone who has been on hold in past seasons or have been themselves? Just too see how likely it is we'll be offered a position. Its all so exciting! :) ha
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:29
Im waiting to hear back from one of my friends who worked for TC. She was never on hold but just to find out if she knows anything about it x
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:29
Lol what did the recent email say!?

Not got it :(
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2012 at 15:30
Dear Hannah,
Firstly, thank you very much for attending your assessment day with Thomas Cook to join our International Overseas Team in Summer 2012. I am delighted to be able to tell you 'congratulations', you have passed your assessment day.
As part of our recruitment process at Thomas Cook, we assess the current market conditions and our sales position for the summer daily. At the same time we constantly review our capacity across the entire overseas programme to ensure that we have the right number of employees at the right time in the right location. To this end and whilst you have been successful in passing our thorough assessment day, we are unable to confirm for you the details of a confirmed offer of employment.
If we are able to confirm a position for you for the summer, we will contact you by phone and it will be at this point that we detail the dates of your Induction Course. You would then receive a formal offer letter and a contract of employment detailing all of our terms and conditions (including your salary and position). Your destination location for the summer would be confirmed to you after successful completion of your induction course.
Should you have any questions about the next stage of our recruitment process and/or about any detail in this letter, then please do not hesitate to contact one of the International Recruitment Team on the following numbers:
01733 412 839 Jo Manton (Overseas Reps, Transfer Reps, Villa Reps, Escapades, Destination Admin)
Once again, many congratulations on successfully passing your assessment day with us and we very much look forward to being in touch as soon as possible to confirm whether a position is available for you within the Overseas Team for summer 2012.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15161718>
  Share Topic