FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Cook Glasgow 3rd March

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
Author
1988mark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1988mark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 19:55
hi peeps applied yesterday and got an email inviting me along to the assessment day on the 3rd of march at 3pm  any 1 else going to this 1 
lorawilky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorawilky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 19:56
is there supposed to be a a maths & english test?! im so nervous for role plays as you can really practise before interview just when your there!!
stephneh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 19:58
faaaaaaacebook! www.facebook.com/stephnehhh
if anyone wants to panic with me or whatever!
sorry i'm just all scared! haha xD

Edited by stephneh - 07 February 2012 at 19:58
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 17:20
Hey guys!
Im also going 3rd March.. Mine is starting at 9! See you all thereSmile
stephneh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 17:57
aah finally someone else starting at 9! aha :)
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 18:00
Did your email say you had to be in reception for 8.30?
oladratw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oladratw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 18:00
yep
stephneh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 18:02
yup!
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2012 at 18:03
Woop! Def see you's there then Smile Can't wait!
seanp2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanp2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2012 at 04:47
Hey guys

I'm also in Glasgow on the 3rd In the afternoon.

There doesn't seem to be many!!

I'm nervous about the presentation too, gonna do mine on Marmaris I think!!

Good luck guys!!

See you all on the day!!

Sean :)
charry4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charry4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2012 at 10:23
Mines is in the morning at 9 but have to be there at 830. how long does it say everyones will last? mines says 9-4. also what kind of reps are you going for? :) 
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 18:04
All I can say about the presentations is its only 2 mins, its no time at all if your prepared! I've been to 2 interviews now (sadly not got either Cry 3rd time lucky im hoping lol) and my last interview my presentation was for only 2 mins too! I got told to shut up basically because I went over my 2 mins so really its nothing to stress over!
Im going for mainline full season rep! Hoping to get out of Scotland for the summer! Good luck to all of you!
stephneh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 19:46
aah i don't even know what to say! haha :P
but hopefully it goes well for us all! xD
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 20:30
To be fair they dont care really what you say, its really just to see whether you can speak confidently in front of a group.  Im doing mine about Maga, and basically just saying where it is and a couple of the excursions you can do. Like I say its only 2 mins so as long as you have enough material it will fly by! Smile
stephneh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 20:59
yeah that's true! hopefully i'll just randomly pull some confidence out of nowhere! i'm so shy :( haha.
ah awesome! i'm doing mine on gumbet, and yeah i was thinking that too! awesome, that's made me less worried haha :)
woo! what time's yours at?
charry4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charry4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 21:00
Im doing mine on Sunny Beach, for the Escapades presentation the email says to concentrate on two of there excursions and try to sell them and not to discuss the hotel or local information. It has to last 3 mins.

No one else seems to be for Escapades its all mainline or high season reps
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 21:04
Well like one of the assessors at my last one said, there's a chance you may never see the same group of people that are in the assessment with you so dont be afraid to make a fool of yourself.  If the assessors are anything like the ones I've had, they really make you feel at ease. Its a fun day as well, get a good laugh.
I missed the cut off date for escapades otherwise it would of been them I would of applied too. But I dont mind if its mainline or youth, I just want to work in a decent climate with a good group of people!Smile
charry4 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charry4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 21:14
Yeah im just thinking I just need to stand up and talk like theres no one around. It will be worth it to get a job abroad. Id love a summer in the sun

Ive applied for a few pr and bar jobs aswel but id rather get this job

My email says to be there for 830 but it starts at 9 - 4 if you get past all the stages
stephneh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephneh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 21:17
good thinking!
i'm so weird though, just hope no one i end up sharing accommodation with, if i get through, thinks i'm too much of a freak! ha :)
i talk with my hands so much!

but ah sounds awesome! hope you get abroad one way or another! :)

ah same! but mine says it ends at 2.30 i think!
hscott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hscott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2012 at 21:19
Just make sure you smile and be confident, thats all you can do! And talk to anyone and everyone, they watch how you interact with others! So if you find a crazy girl going around the room talking to everyone its most likely going to be me! lol
Yeah mine says be in reception for 8.30.. Sooo hoping I get right through to the end. Was sent home halfway through my first one. Stayed the whole day on my 2nd but never got it either so heres hoping 3rd time lucky!! Tongue
Im just glad I've been to a couple before, I know how nerve racking it is so I wouldnt want to feel like that again its a horrible feeling!  lol
Im really wanting to know what the role plays will be?!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 18>
  Share Topic