FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Coming Home' While on the job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
leon___82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon___82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Coming Home' While on the job
    Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:03
Say you wished to come home for a few days, what is most compaines policy on this?

Just emergency visits only?
boobookitty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobookitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:10
Hello again !
When I spoke to the TUI woman in recruitement as per the other post and my holiday, she said her mum got married and they wouldn't let her go home. She said the only time you can go home or get time off is when something mega serious happens or someone dies and she seemed to think you only got 48 hours as well.
Think this is non-escaper !
Do you not work as a rep ? I assumed you already did due to you having a 163 posts !

Edited by boobookitty - 27 January 2012 at 12:10
leon___82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon___82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:13
Hiya!

No, have applied for the Finance Admin role at TUI (Interview next week at Luton HQ, NIGHTMARE getting there but got it sorted!)

Alot of posts as had alot of questions to ask :) Big risk giving up a OK paid job here in the UK which is secure given the climate out there jobs-wise at the moment :-S
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobookitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:16
What kind of pay do you get in Admin ?
Don't you want to be up and about with all the other reps ?!
Office work is pants haha.
Where are you from ? Pity they don't hold admin interviews everywhere but I figure it's not as popular....

Edited by boobookitty - 27 January 2012 at 12:16
leon___82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon___82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:20
More but less chance of making extra money due to selling trips etc.

I'm outgoing, but not to the point of being able to conduct a welcome meeting etc etc, hence not applied for a rep job, although have done some public speaking before.

From Telford, which is near Wolverhampton, which is always grey and very dull :)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobookitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 12:28
It sounds rather like Manchester, out of the window right now is rain and grey.
Can't wait to leave this country !
I didn't know you could sell trips as admin !
Yeah, i've never done public speaking but sod it. May as well jump in feet first !
Don't know whether this will be an offensive question but do you have a Birmingham accent as you seem quite near ? (according to Google maps)
leon___82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon___82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 13:12
Ha! No were were 45 mins from there. Nearer Wales than Birmingham. ;-)
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobookitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2012 at 13:38
I thought it might be an answer like that ! Bit like someone asking me if I have a Liverpudlian accent haha.
Looking at destnations now, where would you like to be placed ?
EmmaMc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmmaMc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 07:51
Hey Guys!
I've been working for Thomson/First Choice a long while now, last summer was my graduation from Uni and I was allowed 3 days off including flying, one for the ceremony and the other 2 travelling. You just have to let the company know well in advance, say you tell your team leader when you first get there, and organise flights and transfers yourself.
Others I knew did go home for sisters weddings etc with no issues.
Admin job will be alright, they always seem to get better accom that the HA's as well!

Good Luck x
m3tro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2012 at 13:39
Music to my ears as just got the job in admin, re the accomodation! (not tui).

Leon, I believe there will still be some repping duties every now and then, poss as part of the job and likely when short of reps due to incident or sickness I suppose! I imagine this is why everyone had to do the individual presentation as it will be unavoidable at times. I think it's a nice balance! So we will be able to earn some commissions, but yes I think we get a bigger base wage. I have no idea how much it is though. I'm not fussed as I'm in it for the experience and promotion!
leon___82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon___82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2012 at 08:04
Yeah the General Admin job with TUI you have to do that with, but the Finance Admin job its all just behind the scenes really.
amyjc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyjc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 02:17
Are the admin jobs harder to get do you reakon?
leon___82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leon___82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2012 at 23:09
Easier I think, less demand.....
amyjc89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyjc89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2012 at 15:59
Even if you dont have any admin experience?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic