FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Les Gets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lulu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lulu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Les Gets
    Posted: 26 October 2006 at 14:11
I'd love to here from anyone working the season in Les Gets this winter.
Lx
zipmyinner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipmyinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2006 at 15:53
hey, did three season there, 2winters, even spent summer there (lots of mountain bikesrs, 100:1 men to women!) but as for winter nightlife, you got igloo niteclub, best bars in town are zebra3, bar bush, and boomerang, you will meet plenty of other seasonaires there, and have a good season, skiing is also pretty good.
Rosie40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosie40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 13:44
Hey I'm working for Esprit this winter.
I've done two seasons before but never at this resort.
It seems pretty cool from what I've read and been told but if you could give me n e more info about nightlife and the snowboard parks and stuff then tht would b awesome.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipmyinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2006 at 15:01
You can find info on les gets park at snowpark-lesgets.com, its on Mont Chery, which is very accessable by a 6man bubble lift and close to centre of town. There are good areas for off piste at Nyon and Chamoisere and the les gets bowl has some good pistes too (la turch especially). But if you get bored of the les get/morzine area, just head off to Avoriaz,if ya can drive there   you can get there after lunch, get plenty of riding in and get home in the evening. its possible to ski there and back also.

Nightlife is what ya make of it really, its a small place so its easier to get to know people, although each company tends to be clichey with each other, but thats the same for everywhere i guess.
w036530655 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w036530655 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2007 at 16:26
Hey,

I'm going to be working in Les Gets this year. First winter season just finished my first summer season back in England. Really excited. go on to snoweye you can see webcam views of Les Gets at the moment. It looks like theres a lot of snow at the moment. But there was none last year so we could be on to a winner! What company are you going to be working for?
stuballs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2007 at 10:30
hey.... I am flying to les gets from Australia for the summer season 08....very keen to get some advice on how to find a job there.....i am an outdoor instructor in oz.

oh and I will be taking my bike with me.

thanks for any advice.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zipmyinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 19:20
The boomerang hotel in les gets hire bike guides, mechanics and bar, room/restaurant and kitchen staff for the summer. Also try alpine active, crystal, and alpine elements. The boomerang hotel used to be where the aussie junior teamed stayed whenever they came to the portes du soliel, Cedric Gracia and Fabien Barrell has held camps for guests of the hotel and journalists from MBR and MBUK stay there too. All in all very major hotel in the world of mountain biking!
good luck have a good summer
stuballs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2008 at 08:32
thanks 'zipmyinner' will try those sites. Super keen to work and ride the summer in les gets.....finding it hard to know where to look.

cheers
mowglie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mowglie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2008 at 17:03
hell yeah hopefully heading out there soonish. still kinda looking for a job any tips or inside knowledge would be great.

tom_lat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom_lat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2009 at 22:21
hiyaaaa!! not got anything in place yet but am trying my best to get out there this year, few of my m8s are already goin and have jobs but i have had no such luck :( can anybody suggest anywhere? al do anythin al even scrub loos ha
moira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 14:45
Hey! I am doing a season in Les Gets this winter and my boyfriend will be staying in the centre of Morzine. Does anyone know how easy it is to travel between them? are there regular buses??
WillWilkinson1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillWilkinson1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 23:06
hey there yer there are buses about every 15 minutes and they cost 1 euro i think. me and my girlfriend and also staying and working in a little town just outside of morzine :)
katy x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katy x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2010 at 21:23
hi i noticed that both of the previous posts were couples, me and my boyfriend have been working in tenerife for 4 yrs and really want to do a ski season, is it hard for couples to get work, accomodation etc together?? we really dont know where to start so any info would be appreciated!
Tr@cey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tr@cey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2010 at 20:47
Originally posted by WillWilkinson1 WillWilkinson1 wrote:

hey there yer there are buses about every 15 minutes and they cost 1 euro i think. me and my girlfriend and also staying and working in a little town just outside of morzine :)

Originally posted by moira moira wrote:

Hey! I am doing a season in Les Gets this winter and my boyfriend will be staying in the centre of Morzine. Does anyone know how easy it is to travel between them? are there regular buses??

I'm working in Morzine this season, my hubby is still looking for work and I am now looking for accommodation, what are you and your guys doing for work?

Moira what town is your boyfriend staying in and where did he find accommodation?

It'd be good to hear from someone else going out there!

Edited by Tr@cey - 27 July 2010 at 20:53
moira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2010 at 23:19
hey!
I will be working in Les Gets and my boyfriend will be staying at the chalet Nantegue in Morzine, looks pretty sweet and i think they have rooms left, he is paying $1800 for the season.
Tr@cey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tr@cey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 08:36
I've spoken to the people at Chalet Nanteque, they do still have rooms but I am hoping to find and pay for a double, so a better option financially for me, will be to rent an apartment and find some others to share with. I'm probably going out to Morzine in August so I'm hoping I'll find something while I'm out there. If you know anyone looking to share an apartment do let me know.

When do you lot start your season?
moira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2010 at 10:47
I think I will be out there towards the end of November for training.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic