FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Advice for applications

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anna1144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Advice for applications
    Posted: 08 May 2012 at 15:03
Hello everyone,

I am applying to work a ski season this year, but I could really do with some advice as to how I can stand out from other people. I have only ever done two days skiing, so I don't really know what to say when they applications ask the "why are you applying?" question. I really don't know what employers would be looking for here, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you,

Anna
amy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 15:48
I am appyling too and don't put anything about skiing into that sort of question. I have actually never skiied in my life! Put things like why you want the job, why you feel you have the necessary skills etc. Also why applying to that comnpany.
Where are you applying to?
anna1144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 16:13
Thank you for replying Smile

Haha I'm glad Im not the only newbie!! Ok that's a good starting point, thank you. Im applying to resorts in France, currently looking at Mark Warner. Where are you applying to?
amy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 16:23
I have applied to Crystal and Alpine Elements so far. Also going to apply to Ski Total and Skiworld. No idea where I want to go, are you looking at particular resorts?
anna1144 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anna1144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2012 at 16:42
Ah fair enough. No Im not looking for particular resorts, though I am hoping to get the same one as a friend of mine.
season junkie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote season junkie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2012 at 18:09
I think one of the main things they want to know is that you've got staying power; that you'll still be getting up at 7am when its -26 and you're brutally hungover. Show them you're enthusiastic and not a quitter. I run a seasonaire'g blog which will be covering this sort of thing over the next few weeks if you want to check it out -  http://seasonjunkie.com/.

Good Luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic