FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Esprit Holidays, Inghams & Ski Total‏ Interviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
scoryx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoryx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Esprit Holidays, Inghams & Ski Total‏ Interviews
    Posted: 10 May 2012 at 11:52
Has anyone had a group interview for a chalet assistant?
im looking for advice on what to do for my presentation.
thanks
charlie1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 23:01
Hi, I've got an interview myself fairly soon for a chalet host position. Basically, reading around the forums it looks like you have a pretty broad scope on what to do for your presentation, but seems as though you have to make it relevant to the position you're applying for. I'm being interviewed for a Chalet Host position, which seems to involve quite a bit of cooking, so I was thinking of maybe doing a food prep demonstration and talking about my passion for cooking.
Just think of something that you're good at and try and link it to the position in an innovative way. Sorry if that's a bit vague.
Good luck!
wackiemackie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wackiemackie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 22:04
Hey!
I've got an interview to be a Chalet Assistant on the 31st May.
I;ve got a small tattoo on my wrist, does anyone know if this will be a problem? I'm not keen on the idea of hiding it as that's kind of lying...
Thanks
charlie1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 02:42
Hey,
I really don't think it will be a problem at all, as long as its not a particularly offensive tattoo or anything like that! Thinking back on the times I've been on chalet holidays, I can remember that some of the staff had quite prominent tattoos on their arms, so I'm sure it wont affect your chances.
Best of luck with the interview.
star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2012 at 22:28
Originally posted by charlie1212 charlie1212 wrote:

Hey,
I really don't think it will be a problem at all, as long as its not a particularly offensive tattoo or anything like that! Thinking back on the times I've been on chalet holidays, I can remember that some of the staff had quite prominent tattoos on their arms, so I'm sure it wont affect your chances.
Best of luck with the interview.

Cover the wrist tattoo, as I was told by someone who's worked 3 seasons that the company has a no visible tattoo policy and only one set of earrings policy. He said it's fine to show it if you get the job and when you're out there working, but not at the interview stage :s
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">
DavidLee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidLee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 01:02
Hola guys I just had my interview last week and managed to get the job which I'm soooooo happy about, I was applying for a hotel assistant position, really similar to chalet assistant id assume, anyway I hope this is of some help:

I went down an hour early for the interview and sat waiting, so I managed to feel more comfortable with everyone that came in the waiting room aswell. Everyone was really friendly and so were the interviewers when they came out. When you go in the room they briefly introduce themselves and then they will go around the table asking to introduce yourself, just try and be confident i was really nervous but everyone else was too just talk about yourself and look around the table, theyll ask you a few questions and to be honest they varied per person.

After that the presentations started, one persons presentation was on their ski's which was mint, another person put on like 5 or 6 different t-shirts representing different characteristics they had. I was worried because all of these seemed WAAAAYYY more interesting than mine, but anyway i went to the front to present mine (no one else did, i dunno if people are meant to or not but i thought it would give me more of a chance as most people just stayed sat down) anyway i had a shoebox and i had different things in it to represent what i thought was important as a chalet/hotel assistant, i pulled out a pair of rubber gloves to represent cleaning and how important it is, just common sense really put yourself in the guests position, you notice when you go somewhere and it isnt clean, i also pulled out Mr Sheen because you can put it on your ski's and you go really fast down the slopes (everyone looked at me like i was mad but its true i swear!) i pulled out a pack of cards to represent patience, and how important that is while working with people, and this was a gamble but i pulled out an air horn and set it off, everyone jumped i was laughing it was too loud really i wouldnt recommend that, anyway i said it was because again, working with people, you cant just expect things to be normal and go your way all the time. Throughout this i just linked it to personal experiences mostly work related to show i would be able to handle situations like this. After that they will ask you a few more questions again they will change per person but just be honest they will apeciate it, for example i was asked about my cooking ability, to which i replied i was no masterchef but i am in the TA training to be a chef and im learning to cook for a lot of people quickly so as a head chef i wouldnt be the best but i could certainly help out in the kitchen.

Anyway after that there will be a short test with a few questions relating to the role you are applying for, i think each persons was different, but you should be fine with that.

Then the interviewers tell you about the company, but look up about all 3 companies because you will be quizzed throughout, look at the workaseason website all should make sense.

Anyway I know everyone says it but just be yourself and enjoy it, think of it as a discussion almost your going to be working with guests so personality is important just smile and have a laugh, take it serious though of course haha, I dont know if this is any help but i really hope it is and best of luck to anyone going for the interview.
amy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 00:48
Thanks David that is a lot of help. Your presentation was really good! Stuck on what to do for mine.
jamieg View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamieg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 12:06
Hey guys, great thanks for all the advice as i have my interview on the 12th in Manchester.

Quick question with the presentation, i am applying for the position of snow ranger and was planning on giving a quick introduction to a story and then getting the whole group up take part in a quick activity, do you think i should change it and try to present from the front rather than geting the rest to join in, Not sure what the task is asking for lol

Thanks guys

Jamie
toni-x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toni-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2012 at 12:06
Hi guys, my interveiw is a week today and I'm kind of freaking out abit, did anyone use the interveiw guru on the workaseason website or did yas just go for it? dont know weather it's worth spending that 20 quid or not.
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2012 at 13:55
Hiya,
Just do it yourself!
Be yourself!

I had my interview in Manchester on 12th June and they rang me the next day to offer me Belle Plagne!
Is anyone else going there?

I don't know what to pack?
foster2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foster2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 23:19
I have an interview for work a season as hotel assistant in less than a week.
I have read a lot about the presentation but i havent been asked about it and i am panicking a bit.
Does anyone have any advice about what questions they might ask?
LauraHolt11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraHolt11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 01:18
Hii! 

How did your interview and presentation go? 
Also how was the written assessment? I'm confused what this is going to be on? My interview is on the 4th! 

MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 09:25

Hi Laura,

It's actually very laid back if it goes the same way as mine.

You go into a conferance room with 3 managers of Espirit, Inghams & Ski Total. You go round the table and introduce yourself, give a little bit of work history and why you'd like to do the job you've applied for. You then get split into 3 groups (in mine that meant 5 per group) which was a relief as you didn't have to present infront on everyone which can be nerve wrecking. No presentation is right or wrong, they were vague for a reason, to see your interpretation. What ever you have already DON'T change it, it also shows individuality. The employee of Espirit, Inghams & Ski Total then asks you questions relating to previous job experience, what can you bring to the job - all the questions vary per person.

After that, you all go back into the large group and they tell you information about the company. It would be good to get a bit of background information on the company, thats one thing I lacked and I could kick myself now I didn't!

Please don't be nervous, it's fun and the more involved you get the more you show of your skills! Interviews can be nervewrecking - trust me I've been to quite a few and this is probably the most laidback! The interviewer people have a laugh during the interview to put you at ease.

Hope this has helped - and GOOD LUCK! :)

(Sorry if there are any typo's, I'm in work and can't be bothered checking through)
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 15:12
Ooops sorry I hadnt seen David had wrote a similar post! Sorry :(

But the test just shows your basic knowledge on the role you're applying for x
MandaPanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MandaPanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 21:19
hi ive just had an email through inviting me to an interview as a snow ranger but need to phone up and book the interview still ? do they give you any idea on what your presentation has to be about im really confuzed by this bit ? thanks x
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2012 at 21:28
Hiya,

They literally give you a brief overview and it's what you make of it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foster2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 12:03
Basically anything, I think it's really just a personality test. A long as you compare what you do in your interview to the skills needed in your job role you will be fine
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 12:15
Where you going Foster?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foster2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2012 at 23:06
Courchevel :))
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 11:35
Ah nice!

I don't know anyone going to where I'm going - Belle Plagne.

Although I've told it's the biggest hotel they own x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic