FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Esprit Holidays, Inghams & Ski Total‏ Interviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
foster2012 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foster2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 20:17
Pretty sure it has to be trousers only!! Does anyone know weight limit or anything?!
sooz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sooz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2012 at 21:21
It's usually 20kg, though they will confirm once they send out the travel details. Also, from experience, you are only usually allowed one bag/suitcase up to that amount (excluding hand luggage).

When I flew out for my last winter season, I wore my heaviest piece of footwear, bought my toiletries at Boots in the departure lounge and carried my ski jacket over my arm as a coat to try and avoid the excess luggage charges.
amy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2012 at 00:09
Originally posted by sooz sooz wrote:

It's usually 20kg, though they will confirm once they send out the travel details. Also, from experience, you are only usually allowed one bag/suitcase up to that amount (excluding hand luggage).

When I flew out for my last winter season, I wore my heaviest piece of footwear, bought my toiletries at Boots in the departure lounge and carried my ski jacket over my arm as a coat to try and avoid the excess luggage charges.

Good tip re the toiletries though only applies if flying out.
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 12:38
i know they said for people going to France theres a possibilty of going by coach ..  which means no luggage allowance! :) i hope i go by coach tbh. x
adj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 14:05
think most European resorts will be by coach, they only fly you if your going to america/lapland/

Coach is well better than flying, I've done it 7 times with Uni holidays, you get a size limit on your suitcase and boardbag but they never ever weigh them.

So fill them to bursting. Journey to french alpes takes around about 20 hours from the midlands including the ferry and stuff.

MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 14:07
I think I'd prefer to go by coach if it means I get to pack more stuff! :)

20 hours is nothing, just sleep and take a good book! x
amy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2012 at 18:17

I did a 19 hour coach trip in Australia but was fine but then again I did have two seats to myself.

anniewalker90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anniewalker90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 13:39
Does anyone know that if you are from the North of England do you get your coach from here or from London?
marylou View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marylou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 19:03
I went to a music festival in croatia by coach 36 hours (absolute killer journey) 20 hour coach ride will be a piece of cake!!
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 12:39
Okay guys,
So the countdown is officially on and YET I still haven't got anything ready!!  :(

My car seems to needing a lot of TLC recently which is skinting me.
What has everyone else been buying and how much of it?
Not sure of what we'll  need

xxx
amy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2012 at 22:27

I leave in two months! I don't have anything either. My list started out small, all I thought I needed was, jacket, trousers and boots. Now added to that is gloves, goggles, hate, trainers, work shoes, fleece, hoodie, base layers and SOCKS!

You still want to go to the Chill Factore Michaela?
zoe.wilkes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoe.wilkes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 13:04
Hi, im going to peisey too! im in chalet ourson? x
Melissa596 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa596 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2012 at 16:57
I'm going to Peisey!,x
MichaelaH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelaH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 00:43
hey amy! yeah can do! bit short on money at the moment tho - eep.
message me your number and i'll drop you a text xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic