FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cake recipes for cooking at altitude

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
star* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote star* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cake recipes for cooking at altitude
    Posted: 30 May 2012 at 16:21
I've been searching everywhere for cake recipes for cooking at altitude, and I've only come across one recipe, all the other info is just conversions, and I really need a couple of solid recipes.
Anyone got any good ones??? thanks!
< id="_npwlo" ="applicationpwlo" height="0">
Marcellus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2013 at 15:30
I suspect that the recipe you're finding is for "Yogurt Cake"?

If so the reason is simple; this is the only 100% sure fire recipe that will work at altitude.

The ingredients may sound foul and possibly when mixed not at altitude are but at altitude where getting anything to rise is nigh on impossible.

So, if you want variation, you make the basic Yogurt cake mix and then add anything you like as a flavouring.

If you're "hosting" and working to a Chalet Budget it's a great way of getting rid of fruit that's past its best so removed from the fruit bowl.
season112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote season112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 21:35
I literally never had trouble getting a cake to rise at altitude, I actually find it harder in England
You dont need a special recipe, you can literally use a basic cake recipe but instead of using self rasing flour we used farine mĂ©nagère (bien vu farine mĂ©nagère type 55 to be precise, you can find it in any supermarket there) and sachets of baking powder. You just use one sachet of baking powder per 500g of flour and honestly your cakes will have no trouble rising... The yoghurt cake is great as well but again i suggest using plain flour and baking powder instead of self raising 
windowsplayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windowsplayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2013 at 09:12
Ironically, Microsoft once dismissed JavaScript benchmark results as bogus. Three years ago, Dean Hachamovitch, the executive who heads the windows 7 professional key team, said speed trials like SunSpider were "at best, not very useful, and at worst, misleading."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic