FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark Warner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
neige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2012 at 21:44
would be some serious law breaking involved to get to Val d'Isere from the UK in 8 hours! 
What resort did you request CPlews?
scrafa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrafa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2012 at 18:09
Hey I will be working in Scottys Bar St.Anton, which is attached to the Chalet Hotel Rosanna.
Jadeymon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jadeymon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 13:08
Hey,

I'm new to this whole forum thing and I know repeat questions are hated so if this is the wrong place to post then by all means point me in the right direction :)

I recently started looking into working abroad for winter 2012 and am now thinking it might be a bit late to apply. Am I wrong?

Also, I'm completely stuck with my CV/covering letter. I'm bad at this stuff on a normal day and as this would be a complete revamp of my cv I'm totally clueless. Does anyone have an example/draft I could check out for some tips on the format/wording.

Do people who are completely inexperienced/beginner skiers usually apply to work a ski season? Obviously the ski packages that are usually offered are one of the main attractions to working a ski season but is ski experience necessary say if you were working a chalet rep position? Would lack of experience affect your application? I've been skiing once but it was quite a few years ago and I think I'd basically be starting afresh haha.

I'm very eager to apply once I get these few issues sorted so any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jade :)
becki_boo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote becki_boo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 17:14
hi

I've got my interview this week for Mark Warner, a little nervous just wondering what to expect? And any major advice would be much appriciated to help me through!!!

Thanks guys
x
Lucy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lucy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 22:32
Don't be nervous, I'm sure it will be fine!
I had my interview with Mark Warner a few weeks ago and there were 4 of us altogether. We watched a recruitment video of a ski season, had to introduce ourselves to the group and then learnt more about the company and the job role/package. It's a good idea to read about the company a bit as they asked us what we knew about Mark Warner. In the individual interview the questions weren't too tricky. They asked questions like 'why would you like to work for Mark Warner?', 'What do you think a ski season would be like?', 'What makes a good team?', 'What skills could you bring to the role?'. It was quite relaxed and the people were friendly :) Also, the office is quite easy to find when you get off the tube and there are coffee shops nearby if you arrive early. Good luck :)! 
adam85 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adam85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2012 at 14:13
Hi congrats on getting the job. I have my maintenance interview in Bristol on the 5th. what did you do for your task? i have been told to take something with me to the interview to show my skills and suitability for the role, and i dont have a clue what to take!!
Lovingtheskisince86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovingtheskisince86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 07:59
Hi plews and you guys!

I applied for the ski host job and am pleased to say that I successfully got through interview and ski assessment, got accepted as a head ski host, gave my details for the bond (£150 as was already said) but haven't received any further correspondence from Megan. How's things on that front going with you? I've gotta admit, I am starting to get a little concerned!
CPlews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPlews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 11:27
Hiiii
Ive been placed in Courmeyeur, has anyone else? also not found any info out about when id be leaving, literally know nothing!
Does anyone know when they're going?
:)
Apes22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apes22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 15:32
Hey I got told on the 20th of sept that im off to st anton , I got told that more details on dates etc and contracts would be sent out A few weeks after that, Do hopefully it won't be to much longer to wait :)
Benny-nz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benny-nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 16:15
Originally posted by Apes22 Apes22 wrote:

Hey I got told on the 20th of sept that im off to st anton , I got told that more details on dates etc and contracts would be sent out A few weeks after that, Do hopefully it won't be to much longer to wait :)

same here got told about the 25th where i would be working and that in a few weeks, im hoping this week coming up dates and contract would be set out.

But yeah i was a bit sus at first and concerned. a week after the interview i have the job and £150 bond  but know nothing until 2 months later when  i find out where im going and thats it lol.
Apes22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apes22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 16:57
Have you paid the £150??? Nothing has come out of my account so I have no idea when they take it , or if they do take it ??? All a little confusing haha I'm hoping its this week we find out , I go on holiday at the end oct so I'm hoping its not while I'm supposed to be on that

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovingtheskisince86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 20:10
Hi you guys,

Yep, I've been placed in Courmayeur through Mark Warner and am promised the position as head ski host. Woop woop! What position are you working at Plew and I assume its through MW too at the hotel christello?

In relation to the bond... I queried this with Megan when she took my details over the telephone and rather nicely MW do not take the money as a up front bond deposit as such. They hold your details on their systems and will only ever take £150 out of your account is if you leave before the season is over. I though that was quite neat to be honest!

If anyone hears anything, please post on here. At the moment, the only thing I have is a letter from them that was sent early Sep offering me the position. :)
filmgeek86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filmgeek86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2012 at 21:36
Hey guys,

Yeah they don't take a bond as Lovingtheski says, just keep your details incase you quit, got offered job at interview and told contracts etc would be sent in October...and prob starting around start of Dec.
CPlews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPlews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 11:51
Hiii
Yea I got offered the job as a ski host at hotel christello!! Looks like we'll be seeing a bit of each other haha !! Yea could anyone let me know when they find out info about dates etc.

Thanks, Charlotte :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovingtheskisince86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2012 at 22:30
Hey Charlotte,

Okay, now this feels a tad weird but, "nice to meet you, I'm Nic" and über woop woop! Yep, It looks like we'll soon be getting to know each other quite well and I needless to say, having quite a kick ass time in Italy in doing so. :) You got any nicknames that I should know about?? :)

On the update front: You might be pleased to know that I got in touch with MW today and the lady I spoke to said that contracts will be issued to us next week and we should receive them in the course of the next two weeks! Also, she said that we may be getting to resort by either plane, or bus and ferry but either way; I can imagine that it's going to be a whole lot of fun! BOOM! Getting closer and closer and I don't know about you guys but I am actually starting to get pretty damn psyched! :)

Peas! :P
jennam04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennam04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 00:31
Hey!

I've also been placed in Courmayeur, hotel Cristallo working as a chalet girl :)

Pretty relived that you guys haven't heard much from them lately as I was kinda getting worried aha :P. I just want to know my start date and get the hell outta this country woop!
CPlews View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPlews Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 16:32
Hi !

Ahh thats mint you've spoken to someone about it, at least things are moving forward! I wonder if us 3 will be travelling there together? I'd assume so! hopefully! Nice to 'meet you' both, cant wait to go!
It's still not kicked in that im going yet, but i think thats because ive not started getting everything ready & sorted, I really cant wait though its going to be mint!
It'll be so good if theres a few of us going working near/with each other!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lovingtheskisince86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 19:35
Hey Jenna,

I've got a good feeling that this is gonna be one sweet time.

Yup, about 6 weeks to go! :) Contracts should be through in about a week (or just over!). Well and truly counting down the days in work now! Sod Christmas, we're going to Italy!

Fingers crossed for the same plane/bus.
jennam04 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennam04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 21:31
Haha yes I have nothing sorted yet, I hope they give you a list of stuff to bring seens as I have no idea what I need lol!

Yes definitely sod xmas in England! Eek let me know when you both hear back from them
filmgeek86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filmgeek86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2012 at 13:16
Off to Val D'isere 22nd November, was confirmed today, can't wait, though its so soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic