FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Ski - Resort Rep interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laurenAmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Ski - Resort Rep interview
    Posted: 24 August 2012 at 11:23
I have an interview in september with Crystal as a resort rep, we have to do a presentation and I was just wondering if anyone has had an interview with them and what the presentation should be about and also how long it has to be? 
Thanks 
Lauren 
Apreismad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apreismad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 19:17
I've been told that we'll be informed on the day. I guess they want us to think on are feet! 

Mine's on the 3rd in Kingston. What about you? 
laurenAmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenAmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2012 at 19:52
oh god really? oh dear scared now haha 
mines not untill the 13th of september in surbuton i think it is 
RTaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 15:04
Hi guys!
How did you both get on with the assessments? I've got mine on Monday am scared!! What did they give you to do for the presentation and group task on?
And what sort of questions do they ask? I'm guessing it'll be things along the lines of:
Why do you want to work for Crystal?
What do you think the role will be and what will be the challenges for you?
Why should we employ you / why are you suitable?
Provide an example of excellent customer service, selling products/services, teamwork, handling money, responsibility.
Outline a time that you have felt up against and how did you get through it? Did you receive support from other people?
How is your fleixibilty?

Is there any other important ones you can think of?
Any suggestions on a good question to ask at the end of the interview?

Thanks

Hantstom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hantstom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 14:03
Hi mate, I did my interview for crystal resort rep about 3 months ago and was successful.

The first part is an icebreaker where you will just do a group activity, everyone is a bit nervous so just relax and try and enjoy it.

After that they do a combination of the individual presentation, maths tests, a scenario test and then a group presentation.

The individual presentation is something really generic and mine wasn't anything to do with the job role. Don't bother preparing for this as it is just testing your confidence, how well you talk in front of people etc. My subject was 'Something you can't live without' we were given 2 minutes. Some people spoke for 20 seconds, others went over. Mine was probably about a minute and a half. Don't talk too fast and try and pad it out as much as possible without being boring!!!!

The maths test was quite simple, it's a combination of exchange rate questions, adding up ticket prices and allocating discounts. If you can't do it you shouldn't be doing the job. Which i guess is why it's there.

The scenario test is about 6 questions such as. 'MR X telephones you during your free ski time and has a complaint, what do you do..' etc. Things like that.

The group presentation we were given a sheet with crystals ski packages, resorts etc and we were given 5 or 6 proposed customers with requirements and had to allocate the type of holiday and resort. We were given 5 minutes individually then 10 minutes as a group to plan a presentation. Then took turns showing it to the rest of the groups.

After all this you are sent off for 20 minutes and then they split all of the successful candidates off and unfortunately send the others home. The only stage remaining is the individual interviews.

It's a pretty standard interview, what are your strengths and weaknesses etc, why do you want to work for crystal instead of mark warner etc. They give you some scenarios and you have to talk through what you would do. I had a senior member in my interview so got some quite intricate questions about my work history and exactly why i was applying. Where i wanted the job to take me, why should i get the job.

The job is a SALES role, you have to remember that and they will ask you a lot about your sales and customer service history. I suggest you think of some examples of when you have had a memorable customer, a good experience, a complaint. Things like that, even if you don't get asked all of them it will put you in good standing.
Hantstom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hantstom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 14:05
Oh and despite what it says in the job advert, I wasn't at any point asked if or how well i can speak a foreign language. That might have been due to people just lying through their teeth as the recruiters didn't speak all of the languages. Or they test it during the training week and put you in a resort based on that.
RTaylor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RTaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 16:26
That is amazing help, thank you so much! Hopefully I'll be succesful and see you on the training week!
KayleighLouise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KayleighLouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2012 at 23:01
Thats so helpful thank you! I just got my interview invite through, going to London on the 11th is anyone else going on this date? 
benegg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benegg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2012 at 13:03
Hey,  yea ive got my interview on the 11th as well. had an interview with them 2 years ago and my presentation didn't go to well but hopefully it will be a piece of cake now. the interviews i am not to worried about as ive done this job for a season already now. good luck
KayleighLouise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KayleighLouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 23:49
Ah brilliant I will see you there then :) yeah at least now you know what to expect itll go more smoothly! good luck to you too
Matt McG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 17:51
My assessment day is on the 17th in Surbiton. Annoying that we can't just have an interview over skype or something cause the money spent on travel costs isn't even guaranteed.
Anybody else going on that day? :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic