FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time in a winter season help?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
05laursmur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05laursmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time in a winter season help?!
    Posted: 28 August 2012 at 08:46
I have no idea where to start with what i will need for 5 months, what sort of makes will i need and where are the best places to get my clothes from? how much stuff would you normally take?

Thanks!
Lucy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 21:46
It's my first ski season this year too and I didn't know what to take either! I had a little look on the internet and thought this was quite useful  http://seasonjunkie.com/what-pack-for-a-ski-season/ I have no idea how I will fit it all into one bag though....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05laursmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 21:57
Oh thanks ill have a look! Where you off to and what company you working for? Good luck :)
Lucy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2012 at 22:43
I'm doing it with Mark Warner. I'm going to France but don't know which resort yet. Im looking forward to finding out which hotel i'm in! How about you?
robrjw83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robrjw83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 11:03
I'm off to val d isere for my first season in november with mark warner. I can't wait. I'm unsure as to how much stuff to take aswell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05laursmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2012 at 18:11
Im going to France Les Arcs in the Alps. Ive started to get some warm clothing but ive been told to take some thin layers aswell as it can get warm when skiing!
Lucy123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2012 at 12:06
Thank you Alpjob, that's really useful :) Is it worth buying snowboots from a outdoor/ ski shop or just normal boots for wearing in the evening and around the resort? And what to people tend to wear under salopettes and ski jacket...thermals, normal clothes? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05laursmur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 20:53
thanks so much! so much information.. im sure if i forget anything then ill be able to get things whilst im out in resort :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic