FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Footwear In Resort???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
luke.tomas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luke.tomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Footwear In Resort???
    Posted: 02 September 2012 at 22:24
Now I'm not one to worry at all, to be honest I have an issue of worrying to little. But anyway I there is just one biggish issue i need to cover before i go out, and this is to do with 'Footwear'. I don't have ski boots that fit me anymore so i am not talking about that, as I plan to sort that when i am out there. I am more focused on 'Footwear' for everyday use.
-I need to take a black pair of smart-ish shoes with me to do the job i am doing. so they are already packed.
-also i will more than likely take a pair or two of casual shoes to either go out in or bum around in, i know some people say don't take trainers/casual shoes but i have an addiction to 'nike blazers' so i cant not take some.
-also today i decide that because the advertising guys at UGG do such a good job i decide to spend shocking amounts on my mums card on a pair of male UGG boots (yes i know) and then a pair or Waterproof UGG walking/snow boot. I have add the web address bellow so if you have time you can look and see if they will be okay.

and the whole point of this is that i was just wondering if this kind of footwear would be enough? do I need more? I cant see how I can take any less.
Any help from people who have done one before (unlike me) also hearing from girls as well to see what they are taking would be great so I can kind of base my footwear on the similar theme.

Any help/advise/points in directions/UGG abuse will be great,

Thanks, Luke

(this is the web address to the UGG waterproof/snow boots I have got- http://www.uggaustralia.co.uk/mens-hannen-waterproof-leather-workboots-uk/3240,en_GB,pd.html?dwvar_3240_color=CRDV&start=6&cgid=men-boots-weather-performance)
adamj11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamj11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 22:55
Normal shoes are fine generally, the resorts are good at clearing footpaths as ultimately the punters are the most important things for the towns and villages.

Don't get UGG boots unless you want to look a bit stupid, get decent waterproof walking boots (either full ankle or trainer style it doesn't matter), you'll end up weaing them all through December to Feb.
adj89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2012 at 23:09
UGG boots are a great idea if your planning on being known as "that weird guy in the ugg boots" for the entire season.

for working in a chalet I've got smart shoes that will stay in the chalet, Waterproof snow/walking boots for snow clearing and walking to and from work (check places like tkmaxx for some decent offers, or sports direct) then a pair of decent trainers, not canvas ones like converse/vans classics cos they will last about a week, I'll probs get some more nike 6.0's

hoping to be in my snowboard boots as much as possible though 

seriously don't get uggs.....
erinamylewis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erinamylewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:29
Ist it acceptable for girls to wear uggs???for chilling in etc!lol 
neige View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neige Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2012 at 13:39
I agree that UGGs are a terrible idea... especially when they cost £235!!!
Hantstom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hantstom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2012 at 14:10
235 quid on shoes? what the f**k dude, if you're used to living a lavish lifestyle then you're going to freak out when you get into resort.

Most people just wear trainers or waterproof shoes/boots. Don't take any dress shoes or smart shoes, they have no sole on them at all you'll be sliding around like a moron.

So in my opinion:
Smart ish trainer-things for going out,
Waterproof walking boots
waterproof walking shoes/trainers.
slippers.

so send those stupid uggs back and you can get all 4 of those for a lot less.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic