FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

working for SkiBound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
whos_ur_paddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: working for SkiBound
    Posted: 27 September 2012 at 00:08
has anyone who is working for SkiBound this year had any indication on when they're leaving yet?
mon104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2012 at 19:41
i have an interview with ski bound on the 23rd of oct in luton. Im guessing this is pretty late. What job are you doing? did you have your interview already?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 01:41
yeah that is pretty late, if I were you I'd be prepared to leave 2-3 weeks after your interview. I had my interview in August at Luton for maintenance man, found out I got the job about 2 weeks later. Just dying to know where and when I'm going so I can start to get stuff sorted (ie my notice at work etc) what job you going for, I'm guessing it's either KP or host, they're usually the only jobs left this late on. You done any seasons before? 
mon104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2012 at 18:37
2-3weeks? you reckon oh dear, ill need to be organised if get it then. the interview is for general assistant so excited about that. When do you think you'll hear details of where you're going and when? I never done a season before pretty nervous 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2012 at 03:11
i might be wrong about the 2-3weeks thing. my first season i interviewed at the end of october, found out i had the job 2 weeks later and then left on the 24th of november, but no harm in being prepared. I'm hoping i'll find out in the next week or so, i reckon i'll be among the first to go out to set up the hotel considering my job and experience, but thats just me guessing. plus i wanna start counting down the day, cant wait!!!
Neil101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 00:06
Hey who's ur paddy am working with work a season and the date I was told first off was 12 December but being a maintenance they asked if I could go out early so am heading out 11 November would imagine they all start around the same time maybe not but just an indication.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 02:02
cheers neil, i thought as much. they always send a few early to set up the hotel and its a safe bet that the maintenance man would be one of them. have u done maintenance before? i'm not too sure what it will involve.
Neil101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2012 at 16:12
No never done maintenance but I have been a joiner for 11 years, would imagine its stuff like windows not opening, light bulbs sh*tty drains shovelling snow general dogs body hahaha.
mon104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2012 at 15:44
So have you found out where n when you're going yet 'who's _your_paddy'? I just wait to get the interview over so know gonna happen next, if I get it! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2012 at 02:56
still no word. you'll get it dont u worry
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 11:00
Hiiii! I'm working for skibound this season!! I'm the same as you all just wanna know when we're starting an leaving dates etc!! It's my first season I'm so excited!! Anyone no of any like Facebook pages with all the people from skibound on? I wanna no some people before I head out there .. Add me on Facebook if any of u want too, my names Alice davis my profile pics of 4girls kinda up close one in a orange jumper! Haha can't wait to go!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 14:24
hey alice, where was ur interview? i havent come across any FB pages for skibound, there used to be a TUI one but i think that covers too many companies. I am getting so sick of waiting to find out where and when it's doing my head in.
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 14:29
I had my interview in surbiton (south west London) where did u have yours?! I know I've found one but not much info on there! What job will you be doing ? I know I'm totally the same want to know where I'm going!! Feel like its not real yet cause I don't know where or when were going!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 14:35
I had mine in Luton. I'm going to be a handy/maintenance man. this is gonna be my 4th season but my first with skibound. what are u gonna be doing? the longer they leave it means it'll be later when we go out, they have to give us at least a months notice so people can tell their current employer. so at this rate we're looking at no earlier than this time in November, i guess thats still early isn't it

Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 14:39
I'm gonna be doing bar work ! Ooo is it? This is my first season ! So I'm a little nervous but more excited than anything! Oh really do they? Yeah cause they said to me between 15nov-15dec is when we will leave but a month Is a big space of time! It's more where I'm going than when! I know I thought we would no well before now but I suppose there's so many people to organise etc that its a lot of work haha! Where are you hoping to go or do u not mind which resort?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 14:56
not too sure where i want to go, i've worked alpe d'huez before so i know that resort plus i got a couple of mates who are working in bars there. i wouldnt mind somewhere completely new this time though. what about you? have you dont much skiing/boarding before? do u ski or board?
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 15:04
Oh really! Never been there before! Only been to la plagne out of the resorts that I may end up in so don't really mind! Ye I'm the same got a mate working for esprit out in la plagne so wouldn't mind going there! Haha I ski! What about you? An yea been 4years each for a week so a fair bit but I'm not the greatest haha! Have u skied/boarded much before? Apart from your seasons so there's not much point me asking that as u said you've already done 3seasons so you've most likely had a lot of ski/board time!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whos_ur_paddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 15:24
ha, i'd never done it before my seasons, and i snowboard. i should be a lot better than i am plus my last season was over 2 yrs ago so i reckon i'll be a little rusty
Alice15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alice15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2012 at 15:51
Oh really! Haha ahh you'll pick it up again in no time! Be out there for a few weeks an you'll be fine ! :)
alyssaski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alyssaski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2012 at 17:19
Hey, I applied for a general assistant role with ski bound and the next day recieved an email saying I had got an interview and that they would be in contact with a date etc... This was over a week ago so I was just wondering how long it usually takes and how long it took for everyone else? It's getting quite close to the start of the season and I want to get organised! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic