FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big Changes going on!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2012 at 21:22
Apprenticeships just sound like too much effort to me right now. I'm doing a degree in Tourism management so the last thing I wanna think about is an apprenticeship. Have you done it? What does it involve? 
kayleigho92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayleigho92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2012 at 19:15
I've done the Travel Services apprenticeship. If you get the work set done and out the way in the first few days then its a doddle! Its mainly collecting evidence, customer report forms and such. You do your daily job as normal like an ordinary courier, but with the extra work for the NVQ, which can be done in 2 or 3 nights, perfect for when you're on ECO! :)
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2012 at 10:21
I'm thinking about applying to be a childrens courier actually I know a few girls that have worked for them in 2011 and 2012 and I'm just  going to weigh up my options over the next couple of weeks then start applying and see what happens. 
Obviously won't be working for Selectcamp again. Thanks for the advice honey.
pancellorum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pancellorum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 11:41
Can any one update this thread with Salaries etc!
tiddles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiddles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 16:17
You are best asking the individual companies because they have different criteria for experience in some cases, and more importantly some are charging for accommodation and some are not.
Canvas are paying significantly more than some.
ricwig69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricwig69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 16:20
Al Fresco have increased their wages significantly (£100+ p/m); also they're not taking a security deposit (£40 p/m) from the reps anymore.

sunaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 16:13
With regard to Happy Camp couriers being self-employed. Happy Camp are on a bit of a sticky wicket here. If you have a look at what HM Taxes office says about employees and self-employed you will find that the couriers should, in fact, be employees according to criteria laid down. By using only self-employed staff HC are not paying NI contributions and ducking out of the minimum wages. They also only deal in cash on site, which is another tax dodge. It will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next year with the new legislation coming in. 
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2013 at 17:11
Originally posted by sunaholic sunaholic wrote:

They also only deal in cash on site, which is another tax dodge. It will be interesting to see how things pan out over the next year with the new legislation coming in. 

Are you referring to cleaning deposits? And Final Cleans? 
sunaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2013 at 21:53
No.  Extras such as linen, air con and so on are always taken on site in cash. Even if they've been prebooked. I could be doing them an injustice bur I've seen Happy Camp reps and they always have loads of receipt books and they're not allowed to take cards or cheques.
Merrifields View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrifields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2013 at 22:01
Holidaybreak ¬£1223.29 courier person per month less ¬£108.33 campsite facilities
Canvas £1258.83 per month, don't know what the deduction for the facilities are.
Merrifields View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merrifields Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 22:18
Originally posted by pancellorum pancellorum wrote:

Holidaybreak £1223.29 courier person per month less £108.33 campsite facilities
Canvas £1258.83 per month, don't know what the deduction for the facilities are.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayleigho92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2013 at 22:34
Originally posted by Merrifields Merrifields wrote:

Originally posted by pancellorum pancellorum wrote:

Holidaybreak £1223.29 courier person per month less £108.33 campsite facilities

110% sure that this information is inaccurate.
ricwig69 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricwig69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 08:54
I had wondered about this! It seems an awful lot for HB to be paying apprentices. And a great deal more than Al Fresco are paying.
sunaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 09:02
Are you sure that isn't a couple courier salary?
sunaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 09:03
Are you sure that isn't a Couple Courier salary?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayleigho92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 12:54
I don't think the pay is important. Nobody does this for the money, its all about the experience! People are clearly filling the positions so the pay can't be that bad and head office had afford to be picky with who they employ. So if you ARE doing it for the money, you're probably in the wrong job.

Edited by kayleigho92 - 05 February 2013 at 12:56
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 13:15
Happy Camp's linen is BRAD linen so I'm pretty sure that has to be pre-booked but I know they do take cash for aircon but I'm sure Alfresco does too. 
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 13:16
Originally posted by Merrifields Merrifields wrote:

Holidaybreak ¬£1223.29 courier person per month less ¬£108.33 campsite facilities

Positive that HB aren't paying couriers this. 
sunaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 16:19
Linen is best pre-booked but can be hired on spot if it is available. And even if it is pre-booked it still has to be paid for on site. No extras are paid for at time of booking, it is ALL paid for on site in cash.
sunaholic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunaholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2013 at 16:28
I would disagree that the money is not important/. It might not be the deciding factor but there is no reason for the salary to be a pittance. the fact that you are doing it for the experience is no reason to be paid a pittance either. It's pretty much up to the individual whether they put up with it or not but the pay should be decent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic