FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

!!! Daily Record Advert !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Geordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: !!! Daily Record Advert !!!
    Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:01
A GREAT CAREER BREAK
Escape from the nine-to-five scene with Eurocamp
By Karen Stewart
JOINING the nine-to-five crowd straight after uni left fun-loving Steven Lynch yearning for more. And it was a flick through his favourite paper that turned his life around.

Today the 27-year-old lad from Troon is happier than he's ever been - all thanks to an ad he spotted in the Daily Record four years ago.

At the time, Steven held down a managerial position with a food company. These days he works in Holland, France and Luxembourg, helping holidaymakers get the most out of their break.

Steven said: "I left Dundee Uni after studying geography and became a deputy store manager for a food firm. Within six months I had bought a home and a car - the things you're supposed to buy when you get a job - but I couldn't help but feel that I hadn't lived enough and started looking into working abroad.

"I'd heard about Eurocamp and every time I looked on the internet, it would always come up. But it wasn't until I was looking in the Record one day that I realised they were looking for people to join them.

"I decided to go for an interview and six weeks later I was jetting out of Scotland destined for Holland.

Advertisement

"I've been with the company for four years now and it's been the most enjoyable time of my life."

Starting out as a montage assistant, Steven quickly became a courier, acting as an on-site holiday representative for the company.

Learning customer care skills as well as carrying out duties like cleaning and admin work, he quickly settled into working life abroad.

Now that the company are looking for 1500 couriers to join their team, Steven's message to potential applicants is that it's one of the best ways to break away from the daily grind.

He said: "I wasn't sure what to expect but found that it was a really variable job and a lot more satisfying than the work I was doing before.

"You can find yourself changing a gas canister one minute and working with figures on the computer the next. I've also had the chance to work as an area assistant, helping area managers with camps in northern France and in Luxembourg, which was a great way to see how other parcs work."

Steven added: "I like the lifestyle and love living and working abroad. I never feel like I'm working and don't live for the weekend or clock-watch.

"It's great meeting people from so many different places and, because of the job, I've picked up a few Dutch phrases and can understand a lot of German and French."

With more than 150 parcs in 14 countries, Eurocamp offer an ideal way to see different parts of the world.

Deborah Beckett, Eurocamp's managing director, said: "More than 12,000 people apply to be a courier each year, which is testament to how popular the role is.

"In this industry, practical experience of our business and a real desire to do the job are always going to be important, so it's easy to see why spending time as a courier would be beneficial."

Steven added: "You only get one shot at life and I wanted to get as much out of it as possible.

"I'm glad I decided to go for it because I've gained so much out of the whole experience."
ChezMich_Crew05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:05

Somebody has gotta know this clown??????

Come on own up
Geordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:15
I Want To Be Steven Lynch!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:22
The lad should be lynched
Geordie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geordie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:25
Lets start a nationwide hunt for this lad, when found poke him with sticks until he apoligises for such an outburst!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 11:34
Make sure its a sh*tty stick
addicted2campin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addicted2campin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 12:24
Originally posted by ChezMich_Crew05 ChezMich_Crew05 wrote:

yeah with thorns attatched

What a muppet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:11
Originally posted by addicted2campin addicted2campin wrote:

Originally posted by ChezMich_Crew05 ChezMich_Crew05 wrote:

yeah with thorns attatched

What a muppet!

campingchick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campingchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:14
you will actually find that he is the highest performing site manager ever for Duinrell . . and is working for Holidaybreak in the office at the moment . . hang on a minute . .i'll go and get him for you . . he's just a couple of desks away . . oh . . sorry . . forgot that you thought that anyone other than couriers looked at this site!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:16
Originally posted by campingchick campingchick wrote:

you will actually find that he is the highest performing site manager ever for Duinrell . . and is working for Holidaybreak in the office at the moment . . hang on a minute . .i'll go and get him for you . . he's just a couple of desks away . . oh . . sorry . . forgot that you thought that anyone above a courier posistion looked at this site!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campingchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:18
suprised u didnt meet him on duinrell a few weeks ago . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:20
Did i???    

Might have done, cant remember off the top of my head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote campingchick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:24
he was my AA . . .think he may have left already when you got there . . anyway . .doesnt matter... he's another one who has worked on Duinrell for 4 years . .massive respect for him . . and im sure lukeyrob, marky, and casper will all back me up here when they read this .. .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChezMich_Crew05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 13:30
Well aslong as hes not a black white

i suppose he must not too bad a fella if u say so
franco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 17:46
sound like an hb arse licking twat to me
Casper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 17:55
Good bloke im with you there campingchick, many a drunken nite having a laugh, he started like the rest as a courier and can drink like the rest ,just climbed the ladder and went to management guarenteed a lot on here will do the same.Funny article though.
txt_eva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txt_eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 18:32
Sounds like typical media spin on it... bet he didn't say/believe half of that stuff...

Makes it sounds like a good job tho
franco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 22:54
Originally posted by txt_eva txt_eva wrote:

Sounds like typical media spin on it... bet he didn't say/believe half of that stuff...

Makes it sounds like a good job tho

you'd hope it would be if you did three seasons for them
markyf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markyf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 22:58
Steve is a quality guy, and i would agree with everything he says. I was stuck in a cr*appy job and because of Steve and campingchick i've had the best summer i've ever had working for Eurocamp.

Don't sl*g off someone you don't know, and maybe take a look at your cr*ppy life efore you comment on someone you don't know.
franco View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2006 at 23:01
how do you know that i don't know him?
and how do you know that my life is crappy?
or is it just assumtion?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic