FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Cook 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomas Cook 2013
    Posted: 16 November 2012 at 21:15

Is anyone going to the Thomas Cook assessment at the University of Westminster on 16th January to become an overseas rep in summer 2013? Does anyone know if it is a permanent job or just for summer? How is everyone doing there 2 minute presentation?

Gemma0117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2012 at 20:22
Hi, yes i am going :)
i think its just for the summer.
and i haven't started the presentation yet but i know what im doing it about. have you? x
Omarii10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omarii10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 02:41
Hey. It Is A Contracted Position But If You Do Well Over The Summer You Can Stay On For The Winter.
Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2012 at 15:49
Yea I heard it's just for the summer and up to the manager based on qualifications and performance, which is a bit disappointing as I'd have to quit a stable job! :( Haven't started my presentation fully yet but again I know what I'd be doing it about :) x
Omarii10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omarii10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 01:34
Its Not Based On Your Qualifications Just Based On Your CSQ's (Customer Satisfaction Questionaire) Results And How Your Manager Believed You Performed In Resort. You Do Get To Pick Your Next Destination Though If You Do Plan On Staying For Winter Which Is From October-March So Dont Be To Worried About Quitting Your Stable Job.
Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 09:41
Ok thanks, surely by them only doing temp short rolling contracts you don't get your usual 28 days holiday? How does that all work out? I know technically it is a working holliday, but surely your allowed time off?
Omarii10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omarii10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 15:31
What you get is 1.5days off a week. Due to the nature of the flight timetable n welcome meetings you can't request time or change the day in which you have your day off or half day.
Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2012 at 16:45
Hmmm ok, once you've completed your summer can you then request to just do winters? I have a holiday planned for summer 2014 and by the sounds of it I won't b able to get this time off?
Omarii10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omarii10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:13
No You Have To Complete Summers To Do Winters But winter Is Optional you can just do Summers if you please. And if you want you can take a year out of work because you are still Re-Employable for 2years so that could be an option for you
NatalieDay91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatalieDay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 10:28
Hi,

I have an audition for Thomas Cook Overseas Entertainer this Friday 30th November at Pineapple Studios, London. Just wondering if there is anyone that is going to this as well?

:D

Natalie.

Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 21:52
Hiya, no I'm going to the one on 16th Jan at University of Westminster. Do you have to do a 2 minute presentation etc? If so let me know how it goes lol I'm worried everyone'll do some massive presentation, whereas I just wanna get to the point.

After doing summers as an overseas rep can you get transferred to work in a store?
Gemma0117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 21:57
I had an email today to say its being changed as I don't go to the university or something just waiting on a reply , anyway about the presentation, I'm not doing anything big either so don't worry :-) getting to the point is the best thing to do x
jadelouise View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 22:32
I got an email today too Gemma but mine was for the Cardiff Uni one saying I couldn't go because it's for students there only! What position are you going for?x
lucyh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucyh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2012 at 22:47
Hi Natalie, i havent got the asessment in london myne is manchester in feb, hope every thing goes well for u and the best of luck!!
Let me know how it goes? x
Lucy
NatalieDay91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatalieDay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 12:51
Hi Lucy,

Thank you :)  Im getting pretty nervous now as its only a few days away! Im thinking just be confident and hopefully that will go in my favour. I know they watch how you are with other people so a tip i have been given is to be sociable!

If you have fb...you can add me & we can chat there  http://www.facebook.com/natalie.day.98837

xx
Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 13:37
Hi Gemma, yea I had that same email and awaiting a reply back .... I just thought you go to a different part of the uni?
KellyStevens1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyStevens1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 18:16
Hey,

Does anyone have an assesment day for Sunday 27th of Jan in London? x

Kelly x
Gemma0117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 19:02
oh maybe its that then.. where are you from?
Ell90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ell90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 20:39
I'm from South West London (kinda lol) how about you? Might be easier to keep in touch on facebook, help each other out etc? :)
Gemma0117 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2012 at 20:42
Im from Bristol gonna take me agesss to get down there haha! yeah add me https://www.facebook.com/gemma.ryan.507 x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic