FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worldwide Kids Company 2013

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Beck_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beck_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worldwide Kids Company 2013
    Posted: 26 November 2012 at 17:49

Hey
Just wondering if anyone has been offered a job with Worldwide Kids Company for summer 2013?? I have!! Becky x
jadelouise View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 11:48
Hi Becky i have just been looking to apply with them, ive already been turned down by TUI and have an interview with Thomas Cook in a few weeks. Not sure if to go for it or not? How was the interview etc? Jade x
Beck_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beck_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 20:54
Hi Jade

My interview was one to one and I think they do small group interviews. You have to go down London. It wasn't as big and scary as tui and Thomas Cook, I applied for them a few years back and didn't get through. They just asked questions about previous experience, scenarios and what I would bring to the team. They seem like a good company to work for. X
jadelouise View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jadelouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 21:37
Ah okay thankyou :) I think I am going to apply for them tomorrow! I have set my heart on Thomas cook and really want that one but think I need a back up plan too! X
Beck_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beck_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2013 at 21:55
Good luck with your Thomas Cook interview! Hope you get it but its good to have a back up plan too. X
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 22:48
Hey I have also been offered a job this summer! In Greece (thought not sure where yet) as kids club manager...very excited! Do you know where/when you're going? x
Beck_C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beck_C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 23:06
Hiya, Oo very exciting! I'm working in the creche but don't know where I'm heading yet. Although I'm starting in April full season. Are you doing full season? X
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2013 at 23:07
Yup headed off mid April for a full season x
Kelly J View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 21:30
Hi,

I have been offered children's club supervisor starting on 18th April (provisionally) is anyone else going out the same time? 

Has anyone worked for them before, I've worked for Keycamp but this doesn't look like the sort of company you can get away with sneaking off to nap with :) 

x
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 22:15
Hi! I am provisionally headed out on the 15th April to Greece...do you know where you are headed yet?! Never done anything like this before so not a clue what to expect x
Kelly J View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 14:56
Not a clue, although they did say at interview they were only employing for Greece and Crete, to be fair, all the resorts look lovely, I read somewhere that Lady Gaga goes to Elouda in Crete every year! 

I haven't read anywhere when they tell you your going, I wonder if they just train you all in the one place and then send you on, as Keycamp do that.

When was your interview? Mine was the 5th jan. x 
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 15:08
I don't know how they work training but was told to expect more information beginning of march...which seems ages away!

My interview was Friday 4th jan and I found out within a week which I was surprised about. Imaging bumping into someone like lady gaga out there! Lol

I have had a quick look as the resorts and I wouldn't say no to a holiday in any of them and I haven't seen a single bad review x
Kelly J View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 15:15
Oh mine was the 4th what an idiot! I'm the one from Essex who wouldn't shut up lol (and walked into the people next doors flat)! I hate group interviews because you really have to sell yourself and its so embarrassing.

Yeh I found out really quickly, and when I sent a couple of original docs they sent them back within about 2 days, they seem really organised which is nice, when I worked for Keycamp they were completely clueless and took about 6 months to send me my NVQ certificate. 

If anyone famous stays where I'm working, I'll have to hide, the amount I put my foot in my mouth is bad enough with regular people! x
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 15:22
I did wonder if that was you! Lol I was the other one who didn't shut up...they clearly like that trait. Be nice if we end up in the same resort, knowing someone before ya go is a plus. They do seem very efficient, not that I have much to compare it to but still...

Ha ha knowing my luck there will be no one famous or some incredibly annoying z list star who no one wants to meet!!! x
Kelly J View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 15:32
Apprently Emma Bunton goes to Crete a lot as well, we could end up with her kids! 

Yeh I did wonder if that was you as well, it would be brill to know someone, I'm so nervous about being a supervisor, everyone usually hates the supervisor lol. x
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 15:35
That would be such a good story to have looked after celeb kids. If they hate the supervisor they are gonna hate me! I got the managers job though no clue how!! It kinda sounds like it's a big friendly group where everyone chips in so hopefully there will be no hate groups towards us = (

Wonder if the others from the interview got a job x
Kelly J View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 15:38
Hopefully we end up on the same resort then, seems like the manager and supervisor have to work quite closely! 

All my friends from work were absolutely killing themselves when I had to do Risk Assessments, they keep changing the format of ours, and no one else knows how to do a computer, so over the last year I think I must of done about 600.

I know, everyone seemed really good, I actually walked out and rang my Mum to tell her I didn't think I'd got the job. x
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 17:38
Fingers crossed we can get to muddle through between us!

Risk assessments are such a dire task...you must be a pro now.

Wouldn't be surprised if we all came away with a job of sorts to be fair, no reason not to want to employ any of the others...

I am so excited I wanna get shopping and packing now but it's only January still, got ages x
Kelly J View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kelly J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 19:35
I'm terrible at packing, when I went to work for Keycamp I completely forgot a coat or any socks, and I got sent to Brittany, it was freezing. I plan on bringing my laptop, DJ controller and a little midi keyboard so I expect I'll have about one outfit for the full season x
Tashday89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tashday89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 21:32
I was debating bringing my ipad or not...think I will but I ALWAYS over pack, even for a weekend so don't worry you can borrow my masses of clothes! Haha x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic