FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

English food delivery to campsites

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Donna81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: English food delivery to campsites
    Posted: 10 January 2013 at 15:20
Hi all

We are in the process of setting up a delivery company of English foods to France. As seasoned campsite couriers ourselves we are considering the possibility of mainly delivering to campsite couriers. We are aiming at the bigger sites at the moment & are looking for feedback from couriers that would be interested in this service & to which sites/areas.
We look forward to hearing from you all

Thank you

DonnaSmile
bryony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 19:56
This is one of the greatest things I've ever heard. 
Donna81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2013 at 20:04
Lol! Thank you. We are hoping to start with the bigger sites first around Northern France & Brittany areas etc & see how the interest goes, then hopefully deliver further afield. Any feedback on sites & areas will be greatly appreciated & of course products couriers want delivered!
Smile
kayleigho92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayleigho92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 01:19
Does that mean South France is too far? Cry.. Sounds like a crackin idea though!
Donna81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 09:00
Thank u! Well if we get enough interest you never know! We need couriers to tell us which sites down there, what products they would like, how often they would like a delivery etc. Fuel and tolls will cost more so the products would cost abit more, but if we can work out how much couriers are interested in deliveries then could be a big possibility!
kayleigho92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayleigho92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:01
I'll let you know when I get out there I guess. Les Sablons is one of the bigger sites in our region and Le Soleil too.. Sites with bigger teams anyway!
Donna81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2013 at 12:13
Brilliant, thank you for info!
Newfish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newfish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 15:46
I would check out the prices in the local supermarkets, campsite shops and Irish shops (http://www.comptoir-irlandais.com/). Last summer I was in Brittany and UK & Irish products were widely available but at a high cost. I would also try and find out when tour operators pay days are and target deliveries around these dates as most of the time Couriers blitz their wages in a few days and are broke for the rest of the month. Would you be doing hot food like bacon sarnies too? Best of luck, it sounds like a great plan.
Donna81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donna81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2013 at 19:13
Thanks for info. We've taken most of that into account as we were couriers ourselves and no what pay days like! Plus the prices of English items! Hit food would depend on being able to store bacon etc, but I'm hoping to make a plan!
Beanie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beanie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2013 at 15:18
Bacon and squash to the cote d'azure please
herecomesthesun View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herecomesthesun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2013 at 20:16
Baked beans and cadburys chocolate.I'm out of the seasons now but remember missing the food, Full English breakfast used to be the first thing on my list of things to do when I got home! Meats will be hard to stock if you haven't got a proper chiller.

Edited by herecomesthesun - 15 February 2013 at 20:17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic