FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas Cook Assessment day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ashleighhhx View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleighhhx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomas Cook Assessment day
    Posted: 16 January 2013 at 12:36
Could someone tell me what a Thomas cook assessment day consists of?
NatalieDay91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NatalieDay91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 12:48
What role have you applied for?
luko76ers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote luko76ers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 13:11
Had my Assessment in November and have got the job! 

Mine was for Overseas Rep but Transfer Reps and Overseas Admin all are in the same assessment.

At the start of our assessment day there were 60 people there, as the day went on this number became less and less until there were maybe around 18 of us left.

At the start you watch a few videos on a projector to introduce you to the day etc. After this we were divided into 4 groups of 15 and you go off to different rooms to do the group activity. The groups were split from 15 to 2 groups and they just observe how you get on etc. For our task we had to think of 5 things we would put into Room 101 and reasons why. Here they are looking for you to let people speak and not interrupt but also to try and bring other people into the conversation, don't worry if there are louder more confident people than you, the biggest tip is be yourself!

After this we did our presentations, I did mine on Bulgaria but only because I'd been there before! Its not really about where you do it on, just your confidence, structure and timing is very important! Try to be as professional as you can i.e "good morning my name is" "thankyou for listening". With the excursion you have to sell its very important to try and be enthusiastic and stress that you know loads of people who have all enjoyed it and would love to do it again.

After this they let you pick a card with a word on it and you have to stand in front of the group and try and sell that product, they are all holiday related though and I got a bucket and spade but the other ones to come out were sun cream, beach towels, lilo, beach ball etc. Again they really want to see you sell the product, so briefly introduce the product but you need to smart and use selling techniques such as "we've sold loads already, great value for money, not many left buy now or we might sell out" things like that is what they want to see.

After this they get rid of a few people and then you do the role play exercise, where you go out one at at a time into a room with 2 assessors and one is an angry customer and the other takes notes seeing how you react. The key here is to apologise for the problem they have encountered, ask them to explain it in more detail, and then tell them what you will do to solve it. They do tell you that obviously as you dont know procedure for certain situations with Thomas Cook that you just need to tell them something that would make the customer happy as its more about how you deal with the situation.

They then cut the group again and then anyone that is left gets an hour lunch before the one to one interview. I think if you get to the one to one interview then you've done the hard work really and its there for you to mess up basically! The one to one is easy just prepare your answers in advance!

The questions are competency based so you need to give a specific example of a time when you have dealt with someone for some of them. These are the ones I remember:

Why do you want to work as a rep?
What do you think the job involves and what roles do you expect to be doing? (thats easy cos they show you videos n tell you throughout the day)
How do you feel you did in your presentation?
What do you think you could have done better in your presentation?
Name a time you have delivered excellent customer service (give one example)?
What do you believe makes good customer service?
What do you think can be bad customer service?
Name a time when you have had to deal with an awkward customer?

Hope this helps guys!

If anyone has any questions add me on facebook: Luke Oliver Abel

Thumbs Up

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleighhhx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 14:59
thank you so much Luke :) i'll add you on facebook if you dont mind x 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashleighhhx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 15:27
oh and well done on getting the job :) 
luko76ers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luko76ers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2013 at 15:33
Yeah go for it! :)

And thanks very much!
maynia94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maynia94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2013 at 18:52
hiiii i have a Thomas cook assessment day in manchester 19th of jan 2013
ive applied for high season kids world rep
can anyone give me advise on what will happen also is anyone else attending ???:D x
catherine1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catherine1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 20:47
Hi, im going there too for the kids rep high season on 19th jan.

glad someones posted all that info about the assessment day. will probably be quite different for ours but similar.

it didnt say anything in the email about doing a presentation- do we have to do one?

maynia94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maynia94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 21:30
ooh so excited are you !
not that i know of ..hope not haha. do u live close by ?x
catherine1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote catherine1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2013 at 23:12
Yeah preston, so not too far :-) what about u?

Im excited but also a bit nervous- sounds like the x factor with all the
rounds and people being sent home! Lol

Really want to do this i so hope i get through- im finishing uni n qualifying as a teacher
This year so prob wont be able to do it again after this summer :-(

Have u applied to any other holiday companies? Xx
maynia94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maynia94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2013 at 07:02
I'm coming from north wakes so couple of hours journey .. Ano yeah it is do nervous more..wow really.am stillin college myself and just think everyone is gonna have so much more experience good luck no tu
rning back now haha
maynia94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maynia94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2013 at 21:24
how did your assesment go ?X
chelsey22 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chelsey22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2013 at 13:19
Does anyone know how long after the assessment do they take to contact you regarding the position ?
luko76ers View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luko76ers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2013 at 02:22
I had my assessment on a Saturday and was contacted on the Tuesday to say I'd got it. Some people were contacted on the Monday.

To be honest if you get to the 1 to 1 stage at the end unless you have a really bad 1 to 1 you will get the job, everyone from my assessment day did...
isha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote isha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2013 at 15:03
Hey I had my assessment day in London on 26th Jan and got the job for Kids rep high season. They contacted me a week later to let me know. 

They said they wont contact me till May now.
Has anyone got their pediatric first aid certificate?
I still need to do mine. 
Shonana_7 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonana_7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 11:45
Hey, I have my assessment day tomorrow with thomas cook and i am really nervous about selling the holiday item, do you get chance to prepare a little speech or is it like there and then?

Thanks for all the info on the day, its really helped me :)
Congrats on the job too!
JoolsM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoolsM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 12:47
Thankyou Luke that was very helpful- I also have my interview tomorrow and you have definitely calmed my nerves a little! 
loustar1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loustar1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 14:49
Hey is your assessment at 9am in Manchester.?
JoolsM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoolsM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 16:36
Yep mine is! Smile
loustar1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loustar1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2013 at 17:25
See you there then :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic