FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Ski Rep Interview - Manchester

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
dotsrmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotsrmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Ski Rep Interview - Manchester
    Posted: 10 May 2013 at 13:19
Hi,

I have an interview down in Manchester for a Ski Rep Position.

Just wandering if anyone out there has any word's of advice / what to expect etc? 

Definitely keeping all of my fingers & toes crossed as would love an opportunity to spend a season on the slopes, giving other customers an amazing holiday.  Smile

dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2013 at 21:48
Hi, What date is your interview?
I am booked for the assessment centre in Manchester on 12 June 2013
dotsrmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotsrmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 16:18
Hey!
Sorry for the delay in responding to you, I have been in Bulgaria for that past two weeks :D
How did you get on with your interview? Hope you got on well!
My one isnt untill July.
dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 16:40
Hope Bulgaria was fun.
Yes, the assessment centre went well and I enjoyed it too!
Even better I got the job, so I'll be spending the season in Italy!
Good luck for your day in July.
dotsrmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotsrmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 16:42
Yeah it was a really good laugh! Met some amazing people!
Brilliant, well dont! what were the interview's like? I have never done a group interview before?
dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 20:25

The interview itself is a 1:1 in the afternoon, but to get to that stage you have to reach a certain standard in the morning competency tests. These include a short presentation (you get your topic and target audience given to you on the day, and some time to prepare), a numeracy test, a  written problem solving test and the group exercise.

The group exercise is just exactly what it says. You get given some info of ski holiday packages, some imaginary customers, and as a group you discuss what would suit each group best. The idea in a group exercise is generally to be confident and get involved but don't take over, listen to and involve others, ensure the group reaches a conclusion and watch your time.
I enjoyed it all, although some of the tests feel a bit time-pressured.
Warman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 16:07
Thank you, this is so helpful!
I'm going to the Manchester one in July too! Although... I think I might be nervous now...
I was hoping I could prepare the presentation before the day, never mind. What kind of topics did you get?
dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 22:17
It's a completely randon item - one of the guys had to speak about a rubber duck! I don't think that what you say is all that important (although a little bit of humour goes down well, if you are able to). It's being able to show that you can speak in front of a group and gives you the chance to let some of your personality show too.
I'm not going to pretend that it's not nerve racking, but once you get up there just try to have some fun.
What job are you going for?
Warman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 22:36
Oh, how weird... well at least I don't have to worry about it until he day! And people usually laugh at me during presentations anyway... I'm not sure if that's a good thing though...
Congratulations on getting the job by the way, I'm going for ski rep too, so hopefully I'll be joining you!
dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 23:01
Cool, good luck. I'm going to Italy
Warman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2013 at 23:16
Thanks!
Cool, have fun in Italia, I went to Sauze d'Oulx this winter and it was great!
dotsrmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotsrmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 13:25
Well, Well Folks! Unfortunately wont be attending the Crystal Interview as I have landed myself a job through Workaseason in Verbier as a resort Rep! Whoop!
If any of you guys are heading out there give me a shout :D
dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 23:35
Well done you :)
Remember to let Crystal know as they can offer your interview slot to someone else
dotsrmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotsrmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:08
Thank you :)
Yeah that was one of the first things I did :)
freshmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freshmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 14:48
Originally posted by Warman Warman wrote:

Thank you, this is so helpful!
I'm going to the Manchester one in July too! Although... I think I might be nervous now...

What date is your day in manchester? I have one on the 10th.
Warman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2013 at 18:30
Yeah, same.
dotsrmh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotsrmh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 16:16
Good Luck with your interview's folk's! 
If you land a place in Verbier give me a shout :D 
hattie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 20:52
hi guys!
so the big interview is tomorrow and im very nervous.
im a bit nervous that im going to look a plonker, as you cant wear jeans is it like a smart dress and heels thing or is that overdressed? anyone else going to the interview for the rep job in Manchester tomorrow?xx
Warman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 22:14
I'm going to wear a dress too :) That's smart enough!
hattie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hattie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 23:03
Are you wearing heels? Xx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic