FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pre paid currency card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dkirkuk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkirkuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pre paid currency card
    Posted: 26 July 2013 at 00:26
I will be working my first season in Italy this winter.
My salary will be paid into my UK bsnk account but a friend has suggested that it would be better value to get a pre paid currency card rather than using my existing debit or credit card.
I've had a look on the money comparison websites and can see that there are some pre paid cards which don't charge for cash withdrawals or card transactions abroad and which you can load up with cash online.
But does anyone have any experience of using these, and any recommendations on which of these cards is best?
geecook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2013 at 21:30
hey, prepaid cards are really worth it. there's quite a few out there, i use Caxton fx but thomson does one and i think the post office does do. with the caxton card you can also use it as a standard visa in some places which is handy. i did languages at uni and loads of my mates were using them while abroad too, its really easy and saves all the annoying charges that chip away at the very little money we have! hope that helps
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic