FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Head Chef Up for Grabs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
00greena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00greena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Head Chef Up for Grabs
    Posted: 01 October 2013 at 18:10
Hello,

I have just decided I would like to be a travel chef. I have 5 years experience and 3 years running my own business as the head chef. I have proficiency in many different cuisines and a very adventurous attitude to creating new dishes and combining cuisines to make new taste experiences.

More importantly I can keep a kitchen running from a legal hygiene perspective. I am also experienced with treating minor burns which occur with staff in the kitchen and reporting in accident books. I pride myself on running a legal professional food operation.

I also have my own way of teaching new staff by letting beginners take on different positions within the kitchen in short 20 min bursts and using praise and encouragement (not criticism) to enable them to go independently for 1 hour bursts to full service sessions.

I am only 24 so my cooking philosophy is all about taking professional cookery forward and adding twists and novelty to traditional ways of doing things and creating interest and hysteria about menu designs to make people want to eat 3-4 times per week because there are so many things the person wants to try.

Ideal work conditions:

I would tend to go for a employer who I am in close communication to the Owner of the Company. I have little interest in big company hierarchy and I want to be in constant contact with the business owners!

I would like to be involved with a business that was looking to re-brand or relaunch itself. I particularly warm to businesses who want to improve their reputation.

I would like to work among young staff who are all recruited because they are serious about cooking or passionate about 'wowing' customers with high levels of personable service.

I enjoy socializing and getting feedback from customers when I have chance and I would like the freedom to check upon customers myself and give them a chance to speak to the chef who fed them.

If you are an employer who can provide a personable working environment then I would be very interested in speaking with you.

Andrew Greenwood
morganjupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morganjupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2013 at 15:35
Hi Andrew, 

I may be too late but I've just seen your post - are you still looking for work this winter?

My boyfriend and I started Morgan Jupe Luxury Catered Ski Chalets last winter and have quickly grown from one chalet to two for our second season in Morzine, Portes du Soleil. We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic chef to join our team this winter - someone who would like to be part of a small and dedicated team of food and wine lovers. 

If you are interested in this position and are still available please let me know and I can email you with more details. 

Regards, 

Jess 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic