FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barman position available - La Plagne

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
agolding25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agolding25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barman position available - La Plagne
    Posted: 07 October 2013 at 22:30

Alex,

I am currently looking for work in a ski resort for the 2013/2014 season. The position advertised interests me. I have 5 years Customer service experience and have also worked as a kitchen porter. Unfortunately I do not have any bar work experience but I am a quick learner and I am willing to do trial shifts to prove myself if I need too. I have a friend in the UK who owns a bar so I could get a job there for a few weeks to gain bar work experience before I head out for the season. I speak basic French and also have a wealth of ski experience. I can forward you my C.V and cover letter if interested?

Regards
Aaron Golding
Danny wiecek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny wiecek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2013 at 23:34
Hi Alex, my name is Danny I am really interested in working for you this season. I am reliable a hard worker and would stay till the last man standing to be in the snow this season. Miss the white stuff. I have skied in la plagne for over 15 years so know the area really well. I have had some bar experience have a gr8 sense of humour. If i was to be considered for interviewing this Friday in London I would be there. I would b available immediately or as soon as would be required. Look forward to your reply. Many thanks Danny:)
PG_needsajob. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PG_needsajob. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2013 at 18:41
Hi Alex,

Currently looking for bar staff work in the Alps for this season coming. 21 years of age, tones of customer service experience and an enthusiastic worker looking for the alpine lifestyle! Over four years bar experience ( busy bars, not pub) so I can handle a crowded bar, irritable customers and late nights. Currently working in an establishment that sounds fairly similar to Bar La Mine. Its a  Cafe bar that serves food all day but becomes a busy cocktail bar after 5:00 pm. I also hold a personal alcohol licence, don't know whether it will help in France, which only supports my bar experience. As for the language issue I speak a basic level french in that I have got by throughout my travels in France and Belgium. I'd say I have a good grasp of languages as I speak Spanish to a degree level. If that isn't enough i'm sorry to bother you! Working all week in the bar but feel free to check me out on FB and message me if i'm what you are looking for.

Cheers

Pete G
Venture135 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Venture135 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2013 at 04:15
Hi Alex

The position sounds exciting. I've got years of experience bar tending to a high standard, having worked in all manor of restaurants, pubs, clubs, cocktail bars and also working as a private hire cocktail/flair bartender. A lot of this work was done a supervisor/management level so I can help if required with menu writing, stock counting, budget management etc etc. I've also worked a season as a chalet chef in La Tania 2010-11 so I know how season life works. 
Im 26 years old, just made redundant from a 9-5 so decided to do a season again. Whilst I don't claim to speak French well I've got enough to follow a conversation and I got by ok in La Tania. I've gathered that to work on a bar in resort its advantageous to have a decent understanding of the language so it is something I was planning to brush up on.
Whats the deal with the lift pass? And do you have any pics of the accom?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic