FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phones/Sim cards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Coleco82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coleco82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phones/Sim cards
    Posted: 26 March 2014 at 13:02
Just to jump on this thread, I use Joe Mobile, its 20 euros a month, you get 3 gig of data, unlimited calls to most of Europe and the US FREE!!! and unlimited texts also FREE phone calls are subject to a max of 3 hours a go, and try that on a iPhone.

PBach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2013 at 14:37
I've gone for LeFrenchMobile again after using them a couple of years ago, in my opinion it's pretty decent. Definitely wouldn't use your UK contract, mostly cause French people/banks/companies won't want to call you on an English number as it costs them loads.

Avoid SFR La Carte like the plague, my mate just got one then found out it's 60 cents a call!
vik_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vik_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2013 at 01:57
UK contract phones aren't that expensive to use, I find it works out about the same as buying a French PAYG sim. Only downside is you have to pay to receive calls as well as make them (about 8p a minute).

If you're going to use your phone a lot to text/call French numbers while you're in resort you might be better off with a French PAYG sim though. (Also free to receive calls from anywhere).

Wouldn't bother with Le French Mobile, they're expensive, and the only thing they offer over any other French network apart from extortionate prices, is having their instruction booklet and top-up-line voice in English.
leigh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2013 at 19:04
I am having similar thoughts.
I am getting a uk PAYG sim and then if needed a French PAYG sim.
When I was out on a summer season years back I didn't bother with the French sim and seemed to get on alright but didn't really use my phone for anything other than texts.

I will probably use skype back home but use it for texts.
kayleigho92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayleigho92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2013 at 13:29
I use LeFrenchMobile (google them). They're pretty good!
stoo61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stoo61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2013 at 21:11
What do people do about phones for using in France? Get a French sim? Get a crap wee phone from a shop good to go?

Going to need a phone for my work as well as general use and obviously don't want the mad charges from using my UK contract.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic