FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snowboard Instructor Season

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sledger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snowboard Instructor Season
    Posted: 22 April 2014 at 15:52
Hi,

Im looking at doing my first season within the next year, i have looked at multiple options of jobs, bar work, chalet work etc but have come across courses offering training to become a snowboard instructor with a guaranteed job at the end of the course for the whole of the season. 

http://www.alltracksacademy.com/courses/internships/snowboard-instructor-internship/

I know it appears a little pricey for a course so im just wondering if anyone has been on this course or something similar and whether it is worth the money, could i plan and do this myself and get a job instructing without forking out thousands of pounds?

Any advice is appreciated !

nicky2284 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicky2284 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2014 at 22:26
Hey Sledger

Yeah these courses can seem pricey, but I guess you are paying for the fact they sort it all for you. I did the EA Snowboarding one in Mt Norquay in Canada and it was epic. I did pay a bit upfront, but it meant I got there and had training and stuff, then a guaranteed job offer from the ski school there. This was pretty sweet actually as there were lots of people who just went there on their own and ended up having to wait tables and stuff cos they couldn't get an instructor job. So in my case it was 100% worth it. Big smile
HulaHoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HulaHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 17:33
That does seem pretty pricey. Can they really guarantee you a job though? Sounds a bit far fetched to me. But if they can really guarantee you a long term job then the training and work at the end of it would make this worth the price imo. Plus you'll have a good time. I think i may do some more research on this. Are there other companies like this?
SIA Austria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIA Austria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2016 at 15:40
Hey Guys, 

Just to keep you updated, we can now offer our ski & snowboard courses with a guaranteed jobs in some amazing resorts including in Austria, Canada and Japan!  The locations are absolutely awesome.

Get in touch for more info@siaaustria.com or www.siaaustria.com

Have a good one, Gary Smile

Edited by SIA Austria - 24 December 2016 at 13:20
Reagan19 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reagan19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 10:39
Originally posted by SIA Austria SIA Austria wrote:

Hey Guys, 

Just to keep you updated, we can now offer our snowboard courses a guaranteed job in some amazing resorts in Japan! Best powder in the world and the location is absolutely awesome.

Get in touch for more info@siaaustria.com or www.siaaustria.com

Have a good one, Gary Smile

Hi sia, 

I have sent you an email please look into it. 

PS: its been couple of weeks now i have been waiting.

Thanks 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIA Austria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 13:17
Hi Reagan19, 

We don't seem to have any unanswered messages or emails, could you try resending to gary@siaaustria.com and i'll be sure to take a look at it right away.

Thanks, Gary
adley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2017 at 09:06
I have sent you an email please look into it.   PS: its been couple of weeks now i have been waiting.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIA Austria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2017 at 15:50
Hi Adley, 

I have searched our system and can not find any message which includes Adley in the message or sender address.

Could you please give me some more info so I can investigate or maybe send it again so we can respond immediately.

All the best, 
Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic