FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*URGENT* Workaseason interview task ideas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alicescott20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alicescott20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *URGENT* Workaseason interview task ideas
    Posted: 11 June 2014 at 14:58
Hello.

I am going for an interview in Manchester next week for a Hotel Assistant job with workaseason. I have been asked to bring something to demonstrate my suitability for the job. I asked a friend that applied for the job (and ultimately got it) a few years ago, and they said I could do napkin folding. Well... I would, if I was actually good at it! 
I also read on a forum somewhere that someone did hoola-hooping in their interview to show that they were good at multi-tasking. Um, I'm not planning on hoola-hooping my way through the dining room to serve people their food! 

Honestly, the tasks are too 'out there' for me. Why can't anything just be simple? I have no training in hotel work, only some housekeeping from my Au Pair job. I like things to be simple but clearly can't just sit down and talk about why I want the job - it has to be these far-fetched ideas that I'm clearly no good at! I feel like Kim from the film Chalet Girl when she goes for her interview!

Any help would be appreciated, because I am currently panicking about my interview next week.

Thank you. 

Edited by alicescott20 - 11 June 2014 at 15:23
Jameswilliam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jameswilliam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 20:55
Hi I had a interview last week and it did not feel like one tbh and person interviewing was really nice as long as you speak up and make your self seen you should be ok just have a look on there website and no about there brand. And with what to take it is a hard one just take some cleaning stuff and demonstrate how to clean maybe? And like he said on the interview the job is nothing like chalet girl so don't get your hopes up for a season like that!
alicescott20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alicescott20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 21:13
Hi,

Ah, thank you! This was helpful. I hope you were offered a job? Big smile

I think I'm going to take a napkin and show them how to fold it, because it's the only thing I can do somewhat well. Tongue
Oh gosh, no - I didn't expect it to be like something from Chalet Girl! I know how hard the real work can be. Wink 

Other than what you have suggested I should be prepared for, is there anything else? I feel confident, and I know that I'm competent to get a job with them, but I still feel slightly nervous because I have never had a group interview like this before. Confused

Thank you for your help! 

Alice

Edited by alicescott20 - 14 June 2014 at 21:15
ArcticFox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArcticFox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2014 at 17:35
How did it go in the end, Alice? What was the day like? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic