FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tui presentation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
leona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tui presentation
    Posted: 30 November 2014 at 14:56
Hey i have my assessment day on saturday 13th dec 2014 at manchester. I have never done a presentation before. Anyone able to give me an ideanof what to expect and what they expect? Totally nervous!
lolouise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2014 at 19:59
hi, I had my assessment day on Saturday!
on your presentation make sure your confident you are allowed to take your notes with you! I suggest you do because i forgot everything i want meant to say. you do it in front of 4 assessors and they rest of the candidates. Its not as bad as i though is is going to be everybody was really supportive. Be yourself and make sure your really confident, dont be shy! Also make sure with the rest of the activities your really loud and get your point across! dont let the other candidates do all the speaking.  GOOD LUCK!

lauraf23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lauraf23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2014 at 20:09
is the presentation of your self? im so nervous 
lolouise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lolouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2014 at 22:28
on your name badge and about your self! GOOD LUCK
Becca1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becca1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2014 at 21:18
Hi I have my assesment day the 13 at manchester aswell me and my sister both have it 😁 starting To get nervous now though about the presentation x
rosehull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2015 at 18:27
Hey, I was just wondering what kind of things people used for their badges? Did people have actual badges or stickers? Did they draw their own or were they printed, did you find out on the day if you got the job or not? Sorry just a few things I would love to know whilst making my badge :) my assessment day is on the 4th of April! so excited! xxx
LeahTipps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahTipps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2015 at 20:06
Hi my assessment day is this Saturday and I'm soooo nervous but soo excited!!
I was wondering if anyone's got any advice on how the day goes and what the activites are like ha
I am going for the children's rep job
Thankyou
Xx
emmalouiise13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmalouiise13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 11:20
Rosehull, my name badge was basically a paper plate made into a sun with different textures I.e glitter, Pom poms and paper and then made a pipe cleaner chain to go round my neck to represent the 7 areas of the EYFS! :) I found out the next morning that I got the job but they say it's within 1-5 days whether you get it or not :)

Leahtipps - the activities are basically present your badge and talk about yourself! And the group one is to create an activity that would last two hours, they give you a topic and you have to write down everything that you would do and then get dressed up or create props to go with it :)

Need any other info feel free to contact me :)
rosehull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 11:41
Thank you so much hun! I have made a girl wearing a tankini with a hat on and Pom poms for arm bands, and she's holding a banner with my name on, do you think this would be okay? What other things did people do that stood out? I've spent a fortune on crafty bits but I've loved making it and I'm struggling to get my presentation speach to 3 minutes, what kind of things did you talk about? Thank you so much for the help xxx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmalouiise13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 11:46
Ah wow that sounds amazing :) yeah yours will be good!! Everyone's was pretty much similar to mine hahah! I just spoke about myself! Lol! What I have done since finishing school,
Level 2 at college, then worked in a nursery and then onto a different one, then did level 3 while there and spoke about training I did while at nursery and then spoke quite a bit about the winter season I had completed last year! :) the three mins goes quicker than you think and tbh I think I spoke to for 2 mins but the badge is included in the 3 mins :))
rosehull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 12:49
Oh amazing! I thought the whole 3 minutes was about the badge!!! Thank you! Congratulations as well for getting the job 😊 Have you found out when your leaving or where your being placed? Xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmalouiise13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 12:54
Thanks :) good luck to you! Nope apparently it's early march we find out! Not long :)) and all I know is when the training week is :))
rosehull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 13:18
This is why I'm so nervous because my interview is the 4th so next Wednesday and I won't have long to get things sorted if I hopefully do get the job! 6 months is a long time to pack for haha! When is the training week and where? Xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmalouiise13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 13:21
Hahah I know! I kinda know what to expect and pack as I have worked a season already :) it's in Milton Keynes and is from the 6th to the 10th of April :) where you from? :)
LeahTipps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahTipps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 20:10
Thank you I'm sooo nervous
Hahha
X
rosehull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 22:29
I live right near east Midlands airport! What about you Emma? What were the things you couldn't live without when you went for your last season? Or something you forgot that you wish you would of taken? Good luck for Saturday Leah!! Xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmalouiise13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 22:38
Oh cool! I live in Hertfordshire near watford :) only 20 mins from the training course tho :) erm deffos photos of family to put on my wall - recommend that as a must also bluetac :) erm... Comfort food! Like English mayonnaise or chocolate as it's all different in these countries! Especially Mars bars!! Haha! Sorting out my phone bill to an abroad tariff as it cost me at least £150 per month last time :) erm lots of make up to last the whole season as it's sooooooo expensive abroad :) I'll think of others and let you know :) any other questions? Feel free to bombard :)
LeahTipps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeahTipps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2015 at 23:29
Thankyou 😃😃😃
On the email it say smart office wear I don't want to go too boring but I don't want to be dressed too bright what did you wear? Emmalouiise13?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emmalouiise13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2015 at 07:01
I just wore black trousers, and shoes, a colourful t shirt and a black jumper :),
rosehull View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosehull Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2015 at 08:47
Thank you so much Emma that was really helpful I didn't even think about chocolate deffo taking a big stash with me if I get the job!!! I had already thought of loads of make up and foundation in a darker colour haha!!! Mayo is another good one! That's been so helpful thank you!! Let us know how your interview goes today Leah!!! Xxx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic