FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Ski Assesment day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Ski Assesment day
    Posted: 19 July 2015 at 19:43
Hi!

I've been invited to an assessment day for Crystal Ski, its next week, and I was just wondering whether any of you have been to one in the past... going to one, and may have some tips/advice?!

I know what the day involves, so im kind of prepared in that way. I've prepared my presentation (just hope iv got it right!) but just after general advice.

Anything would be appreciated :)

Thanks!
Ski Season Candidate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ski Season Candidate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 20:49
Hi there,

I am also attending an assessment day soon. I think I know what I want to talk about in my presentation so will hope I have got it right like you. I'm guessing there will be a collection of individual and group tasks which should be fun and interesting. 
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2015 at 21:01
Hi, which assessment day are you attending?
I'm looking forward to it, just also very nervous!
Aimee Knight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:14
Hi
I have a Crystal Ski assessment day on Tuesday and I'm so nervous! I've written a presentation but not too sure whether it's correct and I'm stressing out so much! Was wondering whether any of you have been to an assessment day like this before and whether you have any advice?
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:18
Originally posted by Aimee Knight Aimee Knight wrote:

Hi
I have a Crystal Ski assessment day on Tuesday and I'm so nervous! I've written a presentation but not too sure whether it's correct and I'm stressing out so much! Was wondering whether any of you have been to an assessment day like this before and whether you have any advice?

Hi aimee, are you going to the one at East Midlands airport on Tuesday? If so, that's the one I'm going to! Stressing out so much about my presentation, I'm hoping I've got the right end of the stick!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:21
Yes I am! Yeah that's what I'm worried about! It's not the public speaking that I'm nervous about at all it's the content - I'm scared I've done it completely wrong!
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:24

Yes I am! Yeah that's what I'm worried about! It's not the public speaking that I'm nervous about at all it's the content - I'm scared I've done it completely wrong!

Ah well, see you there haha if you don't mind me asking, what's your presentation like? I'm finding it hard to bulk it up to 2 minutes without waffling on!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:27
I was going to ask you the same! I've not completely finished but just literally introduced myself, asked a few questions to try and create conversation, then spoke a little about my chosen resort... I'm just trying to make it a bit funny now! What about you?
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:32

I was going to ask you the same! I've not completely finished but just literally introduced myself, asked a few questions to try and create conversation, then spoke a little about my chosen resort... I'm just trying to make it a bit funny now! What about you?

Yeah mines very similar. Introduced myself, and talked a little about the resort, mentioned a few things that will take place during their stay. I'm trying to make mine slightly funny, but it's just sounding cheesy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aimee Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2015 at 19:36
That's the exact problem I'm having! Oh well, fingers crossed we'll be okay - good luck on Tuesday anyway!
Bryonyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryonyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2015 at 22:51
Hi

I have an assessment day in London on 24th August.

What are the positions you have applied for?
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2015 at 11:33
Originally posted by Bryonyk Bryonyk wrote:

Hi

I have an assessment day in London on 24th August.

What are the positions you have applied for?

I've applied for resort rep! What about you?
Bryonyk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryonyk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2015 at 17:34
Admin rep - good luck.

I've had a look at other posts so have a good idea of what to expect.
luca_chiappini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luca_chiappini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 21:39
Hi Guys, I've been invited to an assessment day on the 27h August in Surbuton to be a resort rep. In the email it states that for my individual presentation....

"Part of the Resort Rep job description will be making contact with customers before their holiday to say hello, introduce yourself and your colleagues and to let people know what to look forward to in the first 24hours. You've arranged a 2minute "I'd like to say hello" Google Hangout (FaceTime Group Call) for some of your parties arriving next week."

I just wanted to clarify with you guys does this want me to present to the group what I would say if I was on FaceTime to customers, but obviously present this to the other applicant and the recruitment team?

Thanks, Im stressing out and some help would be very useful.
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 21:42
Originally posted by luca_chiappini luca_chiappini wrote:

Hi Guys, I've been invited to an assessment day on the 27h August in Surbuton to be a resort rep. In the email it states that for my individual presentation....

"Part of the Resort Rep job description will be making contact with customers before their holiday to say hello, introduce yourself and your colleagues and to let people know what to look forward to in the first 24hours. You've arranged a 2minute "I'd like to say hello" Google Hangout (FaceTime Group Call) for some of your parties arriving next week."

I just wanted to clarify with you guys does this want me to present to the group what I would say if I was on FaceTime to customers, but obviously present this to the other applicant and the recruitment team?

Thanks, Im stressing out and some help would be very useful.

Hiya! Don't stress, the day is super laid back!
Yes you are presenting it to a small group of other interviews and 1 interviee. You do it as if they are your customers watching you on face time! Try to drop names of places in your chosen resort, activities they can do and make it fun/light hearted!

Don't stress though. I got through the first half of the day and currently just waiting for a call to see whether I have the job!
luca_chiappini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luca_chiappini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2015 at 21:52
Thanks! Thats so helpful, how long did you presentation last, and what else does the day involve?
Scampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2015 at 14:34
Hey! I had an assessment day this week for resort rep, here's what the day was like:

There were about 13 of us in total, 3 for admin reps and 10 for resort reps. To start with you watch a presentation on Crystal and they tell you a bit about it. 

First task, you were given a card with a target audience on it, and a list of possible activities with their prices, and you had to choose the type of activities for those people. For example, 'professional couple who are staying in the finest chalet', so activities might be a heli tour at £150 (as they obv have money) and a meal out (as they're a couple)

Next we got split into groups of about 4 and taken into different rooms, then did the 2 min presentation in front of the other 3 people and 1 assessor. It was fairly relaxed, everyone did it slightly differently, but generally you introduce yourself, explain a bit about how you can be contacted, maybe transfer times/whats gonna happen on the bus (giving out lift passes etc), explain about the resort, like what apres stuff there is to do, and you can mention their crystal ski explorer app. They're just looking for if you're confident about public speaking, so I think how you present it is more important than what you say.

Then group task, we were given problems you've got on transfer day, and you have to prioritise them in order of which you'd do first. 

Last thing of the morning was speed interviews - a 5 min interview where they ask you why you wanna work for crystal, 3 of your strengths, 3 challenges you think you'll face out there etc.
While you're waiting for this they give you a social media task where you have to caption photos to tweet to your twitter followers, this is really chilled though and everyone was chatting, having a laugh.

After all that you get a lunch break, then they split you into 2 groups and one group has got through, the other group has to go home. Of the 13 of us, 9 got through to the afternoon.

Afternoon is a bit more straight forward, You get called in one by one to do a role play, where the customer is mad at something and you have to solve it (eg. a flight is delayed, customer has little kids and is really mad, how do you deal with this)

Finally it's standard one on one interviews with the typical questions. Lots of 'give an example of a time when you achieved a target/worked in a team/dealt with a difficult customer/faced a new challenge' etc, and then they'll ask you at the end what kind of resort you wanna be in (small/big/lively etc)

The interviewers were really nice, atmosphere was fairly relaxed and spent a lot of time chatting with all the other interviewees so don't stress about it!

is1ldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote is1ldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2015 at 11:11
Has anybody who has been to an assessment day this year heard back? If so, how long after and how did they contact you?
charleyxo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleyxo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2015 at 11:16
Originally posted by is1ldur is1ldur wrote:

Has anybody who has been to an assessment day this year heard back? If so, how long after and how did they contact you?

Hi, I GOT THE JOB! So happy, I'll be going to France to be a resort rep.
I heard back 6 working days afterwards.
They said that they were very busy trying to get round to everyone.

Good luck :) x
is1ldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote is1ldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2015 at 11:18
Ah, that's amazing, well done! I should hear back before Thursday then. Did they phone to tell you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic