FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rep interview for workaseason - tips?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
etoiledesneiges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoiledesneiges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rep interview for workaseason - tips?
    Posted: 03 June 2016 at 14:07
Hi guys,

I've recently been invited for an interview day with Workaseason (Inghams, Ski Total, Esprit) for the role of resort rep - I was wondering if anyone had done any similar kinds of interviews, even for a different company? 

From what we've been told, we have to film ourselves doing a 2 minute airport transfer speech, and at the day itself start off with speaking for 2 mins about ourselves and why we want to work for the company. After having a look through the forums it looks like some people have done some pretty special things for this part (eg bake cakes, or sing) but that seemed to be more for childcare/cooking jobs, would they expect something similar for this role?

This would be my first season so if anyone has any tips for the assesment / info / what to expect would be much appreciated.

Cheers x 
mountainmogul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mountainmogul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2016 at 19:50
Hi there!

I also have a workaseason interview coming up for a resort rep position - have you had your interview yet?

I haven't prepared anything fancy for the 2 min introduction. I saw those forum posts too, by the sound of things it seems that they got a different set of instructions. 

Smile
etoiledesneiges View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote etoiledesneiges Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2016 at 12:34
Heya,

Yeah I had it a few weeks ago - got offered the job which is sick!

You don't need anything fancy for the 2 min introduction - it seems they're more interested in how you act in front of a group of people, so make sure you smile, and show your personality and enthusiasm! 
Then there's some sort of group interview, where they describe the position of resort rep to you and ask questions to the group - make sure you pipe up from time to time, don't stay silent. 
And while they stated that only some of us would get through to the afternoon, all of us went through for a maths test (basic percentages and stuff, read questions carefully) and then a one-t-one with your usual interviews questions (times dealt with a challenge, what can you offer to this position, etc..)

Best of luck  
rabiaanum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabiaanum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 11:31
Good post! Thanks for sharing. Really very useful and informative post.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic