FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Working for Little Chicks Childcare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Littlechickemployee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Littlechickemployee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Working for Little Chicks Childcare
    Posted: 21 October 2016 at 22:15
Little chicks childcare review

I started my second season working abroad last year, after a season in the sun I wasn't ready to give up on the lifestyle and applied last minute for a company called Esprit as a Snow Ranger, I was excited to be going off to the Alps, even if they didn't tell me until I was in the Alps what resort I was going to!! I ended up in Val d'isere....

1month in I was questioning why I had decided to do a winter, the pay was terrible, the management horrendous and all together not what I expected. A friend of mine, who knew a lady who owned Little Chicks Childcare, told me they were looking for staff and so in a last minute bid to stay in the Alps I went for a quick chat with the owner Laura.

With in minutes of sitting in the office, I ended up having a casual chat about what I was doing at esprit, my life and about the role she was looking to fill. Next thing I knew she was offering me a job! I was so happy, id literally been given a second chance.

Within 24hours I left Esprit and moved in to 'The Nanny Pad' Haha the nanny pad!! One of my favourite places in the Alps, it was an apartment with a triple bunk and pull out double sofa and a room with a double bunk. Five girls were living here already and I can honestly say as soon as I walked into the apartment my winter finally started! Yes the apartment was messy at times, yes there were plenty of new faces work related and some not.... and life dramas but there was always someone to talk to, to cry on to laugh so hard my stomach hurt, someone to spend your day off with or even have a nap with :) Even getting ready for the odd night out; 6 girls all squished in one bathroom in front of one mirror was by far the best way I have ever got ready!

Nanny life was great, I spent my days being a big kid, building snowmen, visiting the farm, swimming, getting messy and creative with anything we could get our hands on!! I think sometimes I had more fun than the children. The pay was more than I expected, there was babysitting money and tips, which ment saving was possible (if it wasn't for the 6 pizzas a week and the odd bottle of fizz). Yes my days were long, but working in the season bubble for nearly 2years, I've come to expect nothing less. Yes there are pros and cons to all season jobs, but the positive things I've experienced with Little Chicks have out weighed the bad ones.

In less than a month I will be off on my 4th Season. I'm working for Little Chicks Childcare again and I wouldn't even consider working for another company in the Alps! Laura isn't just a boss she is now my friend and honestly one of the best boss's I've had. She really cares about her staff and her company and puts her whole into the company and you can see it with the positive feedback of parents, the amazing smiling children in pics and the returning staff. I've made friends for life and would advise anyone looking to do a winter or even working for Little Chicks to 100% do it!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic