FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas cook 2017 destination rep

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Beccagascoyne View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomas cook 2017 destination rep
    Posted: 28 November 2016 at 20:54
Heya everyone. I have had my assesment day and been successful and going to be working overseas in 2017 as a service rep. I am so excited. I am wondering if anyone else on here have been to an assesment day as of yet and been successful. I can't wait to get to resort next year and begin training.

Also has anyone already done a season for Thomas cook and have any tips about there experience of training and your whole season as a holiday rep.

venus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2016 at 21:55
Well done! Welcome to the family LOL

I'm sure all will become clear regarding training shortly, but we done a 10 day training course that took place overseas, and it's very full on, there's a lot of work to be done! Basically consists of a lot of classroom based learning as well as numerous standing and delivering presentations, but it's honestly the best 10 days I've ever had haha.

Glad you've been successful! Something to look forward to!Smile
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 07:48
Thank I'm so excited! How many seasons have you done for Thomas cook so far? And are you doing next season again too
venus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 20:53
Only done one season, and I probably will. We find out our destinations on Friday so I'm sure I'll make my mind up then LOL
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2016 at 20:57
Aw how exciting
xtineilem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtineilem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 11:36
Hey! i've my assessment day tomorrow and i was wondering if you could help me. what did it involve, what to wear? how long was it?

congrats on the job!!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 11:49
Heya, I wouldn't worry about it, it's a really chilled day and everyone is so friendly. Just be yourself and don't let the nerves get the better of you. The day involves arriving and then the recruiters just giving you information about the day. Then in little groups you do group activity which is put in order a day as a rep and what you would do first etc. No right or wrong answer they just want to see how you work as a team.
After that you do a presentation which is only speaking about a destination for 2 minutes, they give you time to prepare. Then there is a little maths test but nothing to worry about as you can use a calculator and it's very simple maths. Then you do a role play with one of the assessors which they will give you a scenario and you have to role play how you would deal with it. After that it's then 1-1 interview and then it's over.

I only wore leggings and a black top, I got told the day would be over and done by 4ish but it was all complete my 2-230pm for me. I hope this helps and good luck x
staceyfaye123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyfaye123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 20:08
I had my assessment day Sunday. Rang Monday I got the job can't wait to get the ball rolling
😘😘
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 20:11
Me too! I can't wait to just recieve my contract and begin the count down for 2017 season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyfaye123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 20:14
Nor me :)
I'm so happy wanted this for such a long time
And I took the plunge
Never been so happy.
I'm looking around at all my things etc I don't need this don't need that haha xx
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 20:44
Yeah same as me, I have just always put it off, so glad I have finally done it and now I've got the job 🙌🏼👌🏼 feel free to add me on face book. It's rebekah Gascoyne there is a couple accounts but one isn't mine. My one is a photo of me and i also have a cover photo

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyfaye123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 21:04
I think I found u haha xx
venus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2016 at 22:52
Well done Stacey!Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote staceyfaye123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2016 at 19:42
Thank you
I'm so happy xxx
Feefee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feefee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:50
Well done! Do you get to choose a destination?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beccagascoyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 10:53
On my assesment day they gave 3 destination Spain, Greece or turkey and you can choose where you would prefer to be but that still isn't 100% you will get your choice
venus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote venus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 19:59
You get given your destination on the final day of training. They watch you and assess for the week and then assign a destination that they feel would most suit you. Smile
xtineilem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xtineilem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 19:14
Hi, i was supposed to go to an assessment day 2 weeks ago at Manchester but when i spoke to the girl she said that there's an assessment day taking place in belfast which suits me so much better... what country have yous chosen?
Feefee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feefee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 10:40
Well done, all who were successful !!! How exciting .... I still have my assessment day coming up soon.... Just wondering .... Does anyone know what sort of salary to expect ? I know it probably won´t be much, but I just wanted a rough idea .... What about accommodation? I´m sure that´s provided, but can you opt out of thator do you have to live on site? Do you have to pay your own airfare? Would love to hear from anyone who has done it please. Any answers would be great, thanks Smile
RubyC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RubyC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 23:18
Hi Becca
I had my assessment day in early December and passed! signed all the contracts and TC have all my references...just playing the waiting game now! I'm really hoping to hear something soon!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic