FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Worldwide Kids 2017 April - November

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Namale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Namale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worldwide Kids 2017 April - November
    Posted: 13 December 2016 at 18:47
Hi!

I have just accepted a job offer to work the next season based in Greece (Not sure which resort yet).
Just wondering if there is anyone else going out that way next year?

Also, those of you who have already done a season with Worldwide Kids your advice on how to prepare will be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!!

Namale

xkarenx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xkarenx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2017 at 17:58
I worked for WWKC last summer! It's a great experience, so fun and you learn so much but the main downside for me was the pay, 150 euro per week for working 6 days a week, up to 10/11 hours a day!! So I applied for Eurocamp and I'm working with them next summer, same work but different setting and the pay is over double that of wwkc.

It really depends on the resort you're placed in, I was on a resort in Crete on a smaller team of 6, so as a childcare assistant I was between the crΓ©che and kids club, dependent on where was busier. This was good as I got to work with children of all ages. The days are fun, but you do have to do a lot of preparation for activities, most places are split into two sessions in the day of three hours, a lunch club in between, dinner supervision if it was requested and then evening activities. Babysitting was a great bonus, you earn a lot (12-18 euro an hour where I was) so this does make up in some way for the lower salary. Some days were shorter, if no children were booked into lunch club or dinner and evening activity wasn't on it could be quite short, but other days were crazy, in at 9 and full on until 6, dinner at 6-7, evening activity 7-9 and sometimes babysitting as well. It is exhausting but so worthwhile and it's great to work with children of so many different nationalities, different children all the time, different ages it's so variable no day is the same. Though you have to be responsible you get to have fun and do things like watersports, swimming, games, arts and crafts, sports, cooking etc. with the kids so it's really active and busy. If you have any other questions feel free to ask!
Namale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Namale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 17:38
Hiya! Thank you for your message. It's very helpful!
I'm really looking forward to it. I've never been away for that long so a tad nervous but mostly excited. I found out I'm going to Corfu πŸ˜πŸ™Œ. I'm going as the supervisor. I do have a few questions, did you get taxed on your pay? How often did you get the opportunity to babysit? When you flew out, how long was it before you actually started working? How was your accommodation? Also, what did you miss most from home that you'll make sure you have with you next time?

Thank youuuu in advance! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
jamezg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamezg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2017 at 20:01
Hi Namale,

Good luck in Corfu, I hope you enjoy it - and congratulations on becoming supervisor.

* Yes, you get taxed on your pay but not much. 

* It depends on each resort as some resorts are busier than others. There usually is a good amount of babysitting available and it is spread evenly between the staff

* WWKC accomodation is actually quite nice, I think you'll like it.

* Last year, I started mid-season and started straight away. I imagine this would be the same at the beginning of season, with a few days to set up the kid's club.

* I wish I was able to call my family more often whilst I was in Greece. The WI-FI wasn't very good so I spoke to my mum through Skype Chat instead of video. I believe the phone company "Three" offer a "Feel at home" package. This package allows you to call and text UK numbers and even use your data at no extra cost - it all comes from your monthly allowance. Next time I will definitely make sure I do this.

I hope this has helped you :)

All the best!
Namale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Namale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2017 at 19:52
Hey James,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer all my questions.
It's been very helpful 😊😊😊.

I'm currently with three. Unfortunately their feel at home service can only be used for two months of the year. So for the rest of the time that I'll be out there I'll get charged if I use my phone as normal. I am looking into seeing if any other service providers have some deal for using UK Sim abroad.

Sorry I have two more questions!πŸ™ˆ

1) Did you take out any travelling insurance for the duration that you were out there?
2) What's a reasonable amount of saved up money to take with you?

Thank you thank you in advance!

Also, are you still working with WWKC?

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
jamezg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamezg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2017 at 22:09
Hey Namale,

I believe that WWKC provide the insurance, it is up to you if you want to pay more but mines was just the basic one. Thankfully I didn't need to use it. Also I would recommend saving up a months wage atleast before arriving to get by for your first month - this will allow you to get used to living on what you have. Also there's usually money to be made from babysitting if you run short.

Yeah, I am still working with WWKC at Sani Resort as a Kid's Club Supervisor.

James
Namale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Namale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2017 at 07:06
Heyy,

Okay I'll stick with what WWKC provide. Hopefully won't need it. Ok that's what I was planning to do money wise.
Thank you again for taking the time to answer my questions! πŸ˜πŸ‘
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic