FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thomas cook (Children's rep) 2018

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katebev123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katebev123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thomas cook (Children's rep) 2018
    Posted: 07 February 2018 at 20:11
So happy on Friday the 2nd of February I found out I got the job as a Kids rep with Thomas cook after my assessment day the 31st of January at Birmingham in the evening. Just booked my paediatric first aid course as well for this Saturday. Seems such a long time I'm waiting to find out about training dates and locations so I can let work now, anyone on here who has got the job is more then welcome to add me on Facebook :)
zoelaylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoelaylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 13:48
Hi there,

I have an assement day on the 21st for the kids rep role. I’ve been asked to prepare a 2 min presentation but other than that I don’t know what else to expect.

Could you let me know what your day entailed?

Xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katebev123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 18:50
Is your presentation about favourite children's show? Just make sure you make eye contact in this speech, I really enjoyed the assessment day, one thing I wasn't told was I needed paediatric first aid which I had to pay £72 out of my own money when I knew I got the job. When I got to the assessment I got there half a hour early and made sure I talked to lots of people and stayed off my phone! Good luck :)
zoelaylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoelaylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 13:54
No it’s just about what it means to you to be a kids entertainer and to work for Thomas cook. Did you use notes for you presentation/did you read from them when delivering? Thanks for the other tips! x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katebev123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 14:36
Just say your passion about it and that you want to give the children the best holiday ever, for some children it might be there first holiday away! And I read from my notes but constantly looked up and smiled and no problem I'm on Facebook Katie Bevan(I'm in a red and black shirt) if you wanna ask any more questions x
zoelaylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoelaylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 18:19
Thanks for that! Did you have a 1 on 1 interview too? If so what sort of things did they ask? X

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katebev123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 18:36
Yeah but was very short! They got me to say my 3 preferred airports, they got me to sign on the dotted line to say I'm flexible where I go. Also I had a landyard round my neck with my name on and the lady at the end of the interview told me to keep it safe so that was the sign I got the job! x
zoelaylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoelaylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 19:02
Sounds good! It says I’ll also have group and individual activity work, did you do this? If so what was that? Thanks again x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katebev123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 19:11
The only individual activity was the interview and group one is making a advert about Thomas cook it was so fun! X I found out I got the job in 2 days too!
zoelaylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoelaylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 19:45
Oh I hope my one is similar! Thanks again, I’ll let you know how it goes and if I get it x

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katebev123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2018 at 20:12
Yeah please do! And you will be fine just talk to lots of people, get involved and keep smiling that's what I did :) x
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic