FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

teaching assistant help!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: teaching assistant help!!
    Posted: 26 May 2007 at 14:26
does anyone know of a website/company that deals with teaching assistants abroad, and not teaching???? cheers. k
supercoffeegirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supercoffeegirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2007 at 14:40
cant remember the websites, but even for teaching assistants u need an a level in the local language of the country u work in. eg if ur teaching assistant in spain, u need spanish a level (even though ur teaching english). i looked in to doing this this summer, but there were so many forms and requirements that i decided not to. i assumed that being an assistant was an easy option but i was wrong.
escocesa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote escocesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2007 at 12:41
I'm going to be a language assistant with the British Council in October. To apply for this year, you are too late, but if you want to do it next year, you will need to start apply before January I think. The website address is:

http://www.britishcouncil.org/languageassistants-ela.htm

You'll need to have a good level of the language and they prefer students who are studying languages at uni. However, I was lucky as I've just finished my tourism degree and I got my first choice area in Spain.

Good luck with it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic