FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interview with MARK WARNER

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Louis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interview with MARK WARNER
    Posted: 16 October 2007 at 13:59
hey, im applying for my first ski season.

Ive got an interview with the Mark Warner company and was wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on what to expect?
or if anyone has worked with this company before?

any info will help!

thanks, louis
kenzie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 10:10
What role?
Louis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2007 at 19:38
Kitchen Porter...
Rhoslyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoslyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2007 at 21:06
Hi, I'm also going for an interview with Mark Warner for my first season to work as a waitress in one of their hotel restaurants. But, as I've already worked as a waitress I can tell you that if you don't know already, being a Kitchen Porter is basically just cleaning all day. It's really simple and wherever I've worked, people are always nice to the KP but it's a bit monotonous. They might let you listen to an MP3 player or something, and that'll prob. keep you going. But, obviously, I don't know exactly what'll it'll be like where you'll be, it varies from place to place.

I don't know if anyone's every worked as a waitress for Mark Warner before who could tell me what it's like?? I think she said I'm going for a job in Les Gets. I might have that confused with something else though.
Louis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 16:10
hey, have you had your interview yet?

mines was the other day..
Rhoslyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoslyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2007 at 19:35
Hiya,
yeah I have had my interview and I got a phone call today to say that I've got the job!! I'm so excited! I know it's going to be hard, because I'll have so little money, so I probably won't be able to buy many new clothes anymore :( But, I'm sure I'll work something out! All I can think of, is that I'm going to get away from my boring life soon!
How did yours go? The ... doesn't sound very positive, I'm sure it didn't go that badly because I thought I'd messed mine up and it was fine :)
Louis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2007 at 01:00
well done!

what job did you get? you know where youre going yet?

they got back to me and said i was successful but i had been put onb a waiting list, but they can almost guarantee they will need me.....bit confusing, dont know what to think reallyConfused
Rhoslyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhoslyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2007 at 19:42

Yeah, I'm working in one of their Scotties bar/restaurants in La plagne as a waitress/bar staff. :) It's pretty straight forward and I've done this type of work loads of times before, so I'm not nervous about that, I just hope I make friends and that I like the area and everything.

Well done to you too! I know it sounds a bit up in the air, but if they've taken the risk of telling you that they almost definitely will need you, then it's looking good for you. :) If they hadn't been almost 100% sure they wouldn't have bothered saying that.

I have to leave on the 4th of December and I haven't bought any ski stuff or anything yet. It's so exciting, haha! Make sure to leave a message to say how you got on :)
Louis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Louis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 10:55
I eventually got my job haha!Big%20smile

I'm leaving for Les Deux Alpes on Friday bit short notice so ill need to start shopping and packing!
loz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 19:22
hi , plz can u help, i got my interview at mark warner 2moz, any last minute tips lol plz plz
lucylocket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucylocket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 18:55
Hey I have an interview in one week for a childcare position. Does anyone have any tips or anything? Has anyone done this kind of thing before? Any replies or advice would be a huge help. Thankyou! Lucy x
clairedias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairedias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2009 at 18:11
heyy i have an interview with mark warner on monday for waitress...any help please??? whats it like? what do i need 2 know?
x
Susanna01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susanna01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2009 at 13:00
Hello,

I have an interview with Mark Warner for customer services officer this week and was wondering if anyone could give tell me a bit about what happens at the group interview (how big is it?!)and the sorts of questions they might ask please? I've never had an interview for this sort of job before so totally clueless!
Any help much appreciated!
Thanks!
lost1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lost1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 18:19
Hi Susanna

I've also got an interview for customer services officer and don't know what to expect. How did it go? Just wondered what sort of things they asked, how the day went etc. Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Niamh_11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niamh_11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 01:58
Hey,
I have an interview for Mark Warner in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips and what to expect?
What is involved in the group interview? I am not sure what to expect as I have never had one before.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
clairedias View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clairedias Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2009 at 17:06
hiya. i had an interview for waiting staff. the group interview was simple, we all just had to introduce ourselves, there was 8 of us, and then the interviewer just talked about the company, answwered any questions we had and we watched a dvd. then the one-to-one only lasted about 10 minutes and that was the questions you can expect in an interview, like why you want to work for them, nothing hard :)
callum2903 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callum2903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2013 at 23:10
HI!

So i've just been invited to interview for a peak season bar job in the alps this winter - great job for me since i'm at uni and my current bar is shutting over the winter break for a refurb, so win win, i get to snowboard and make some cash! YAY

Onnnly problem is that they emailed me asking to come to london in a week... I have uni course work to hand in that day, work work in the bar and compulsory class's, plus the train fair from st andrews is going to be over 120quid and i'll need to stay in london for the night since the interview is very early in the morning.

Does anyone know if mark warner conduct skype interviews? I have done these for jobs before, and from the sounds of it, since the group section is watching a video and answering questions, I don't get why the personal one on one can't be done over skype with me faxing them the forms they need? 

Does anyone know if they do this?
Nicole110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2013 at 13:54
I went for my interview last week it was soo strait forward i don't see wu they wouldnt
callum2903 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callum2903 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2013 at 15:14
yeah, they just got back to me - no skype interview, but they have rearrange it for me to go down on the 30th which should be ok.... i THINK they just want the show of commitment that you'll go down for it :S
Nicole110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2013 at 16:04
Ahh thats a shame but maybe! Luckily i live in london so was easy enough for me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic