FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

THOMAS COOK ASSESSMENT DAY

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
Author
jamiesee2007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiesee2007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THOMAS COOK ASSESSMENT DAY
    Posted: 24 October 2007 at 16:06
Alritey people, I've been invited to attend the Thomas Cook assessment day, and I've been told that I'll need to present a presentation on my favourite holiday destination to the group, this is making me nervous becaise I dont really know what to expect.

Can anyone thats been to one before, let me know what to expect and tell me what else will happen in addition to the presentation :)

Cheers ppl Clap

Jamie x

fabio1605 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fabio1605 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2007 at 22:20
Yo Jamie

Same boat as ya!

Add me on msn fabio321@hotmail.co.uk
benjidickinson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benjidickinson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 12:59
yep and me!!!
mel2911 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mel2911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 13:29
and me, never done it before
reppinmad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reppinmad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2008 at 21:02
did u all go 2 the thomas cook interviews???wat do i need to expect???got mine on the 10th jan!!!
Ben Anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2008 at 19:03
i got mine on the 10th as well dunno if look forward to it or be nervous

anyone know what else u have to do
jena666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2008 at 22:01
hey all!! been and done my interview with thomas cook!! got loads of pointers! i had my interview on the 29th feb and they rang me yesterday and i got the job!! anyone after some help holla at me n ill do my best t answer questions!!!

jenna
hanzk89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanzk89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2008 at 16:14
hey ive got my assessment day on friday, bit nervous bout these presentations and what they expect, we just have to talk about the destination and is a city ok?

also not sure what to wear? was thinking some smart trousers and jumper rather than a suit?

any help would be much appreciated thanks
sazzy1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sazzy1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2008 at 22:23
hi everyone. how did u get an application etc for thomas cook...eg....escapades?
lilaclady22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilaclady22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 14:13
Hi,
I was at the assessment last yr and had a great time.  as long as you research your destination you should be fine.  we got split into smaller teams to do the presentation.  taking props are always good.  We had a short test which was fairly easy.  basic maths,english and custoimer service questions.  We also had a team building ecercise where we all had cards with 2 bits of info with that we had to decide whowas going to a concert only by comunicating with each other verbally - was like Anna will go if ben gos, carla has a car, but b cant travel by car - that kind of thing.  Where i fell down was the role play.  i couldnt stop laughing.  not what to do.  Thats where i need help this time.  nit very good at role play cos i know the situation is not real.  Hope this helps
Emma Jane
hanzk89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanzk89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2008 at 17:30
thanks for that!
laura89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 23:32
Hi every1 how long after you applied did you get an email about the assesment day? because i just sent of my application just now so i was just wondering how long untill i find out if i got passed that stage or not.... thanks for your help!  x
liam2285 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam2285 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 23:39
it takes about a week x
hanzk89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hanzk89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 10:54
when i handed i my application it took about 3 weeks after the closing date till i heard anything, was still sucessful so dont worry if u odnt hear anything for a while
laura89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 12:38
I just had an email saying they have recieved my application and it is going through screening! so how long do you rekon it will be from now? as i have no idea when the closing date is.... thanks for your help x
laura89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 17:12
Ignore that post that i done above I GOT THROUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO lol sorry im just so excited !!!!!! i got a text message today saying congratulations!!! we would like to invite you to a thomascook overseas interview! That was so quick as i only sent of my application last night and 17 hours later i find out i have been successfull! LOVE IT!!!! the assesment places are newcastle glasgow manchester and birmingham! so im at the birmingham 1 as im from london and its nearest!!! who else is going to be in birmingham on the 29th nov? x
wathall89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wathall89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 21:47
hey - i am going to the assesmant day on the 29th november at birmingham. I am so scared.
laura89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 22:18
Aint we all!!! lol whats ya name? x
geordie_tracey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie_tracey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2008 at 23:20
i sent my application form off last wk nd i hvnt heard ne thing, do u think i didnt get 2 the assesment day? :|
laura89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2008 at 10:43
i don't no may be! it takes all sorts of timings like some people said to me it takes a week, but people have messaged me saying they was like me and heard the next day! hop eyou do hear! let me no ok!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 67>
  Share Topic